Behind the Scenes | Raptor Electric Skateboard Production Process

I can confirm, 100% certain that the wii style remote will NOT be used… I don’t want people hurting themselves with an remote that is not ready. Eventually the Wii remote will be reliable and it could be used on the Raptor… but for me I am very impressed with the New Enertion Remote. It feels much better in the hand and the thumbstick is a massive improvement overy the 360 degrees range of movement of the wii.

When using the wii the thumbstick feels very sloppy and lacks the precise feeling of the new Enertion remote.

I will not be processing any new orders until the 14th. This allows me to focus on the Raptor production without distraction.

Just waiting on the new transmitter to arrive early JAN. Then I’ll put everything together and ship these weapons out to you all…

The boards are about 98% complete…

Thanks again for your patience.

Whilst you are all waiting for raptor to arrive I also suggest reading this article about bushings.

This is also a very good article about choosing the bushing, it also shows how to select bushing based on rider weight.

The Raptor comes with standard bushings which might be ok for some people, however if you weigh over 80kg & want to ride the raptor at top speed you really should customize your bushings.

My advice is do the research, buy the one you think is perfect, also buy some softer & harder. Customizing & mixing your bushings to suit your style is critical when riding at high speed.

I personally like the Venom DH eliminators for boardside of the back truck, im 95kg so normally run with 93a

Heres a good video that explains a lot about bushing setup.

3 Likes

Early January is here! Woo Hoo! sorry Mr Potter…had to do it

2 Likes

@onloop Order #1360. This may be too late but is it still possible to simply request a black handle and mounting hardware but not have it mounted. I’m still undecided if I like the handle. Was hoping to see it first then decide if I want the holes in the board.

Thanks.

Order #1273 here! I suspect the holes are at least pre drilled, but I have the same opinion. In case I’ve never used a Handel to carry any of my decks. So if it’s possible I would like to have no holes but a black handle in the package. Thanks

Order #0001 here! I want buy one get one free… :point_down: :smile:jk

Venom double barrels. Its all i use when i want to go fast.

I have some cone/barrels on my kid’s maestros and of course on my flip trick deck but my cruiser/dh longboards and eboards have double barrels because stability at speed is more important than a ridiculously tight turning radius to me.

1 Like

The holes are already predrilled so you can either have the handles or not. Or mount a go pro mount on. Maybe thers a nice black cap that can be found to go over them if yiur not using them.

Corrected as CM below

You are correct about the holes already being there, and they are the same as gopro threads.

As for the handle colors, it is black or blue (there is a picture earlier in the thread)

FIRST DAY BACK IN THE WORKSHOP FOR 2016

So my 2-year old son is back in daycare today WooHoo! So finally, I can get some work done (that really makes me sound like a shit parent!) Also it’s the first day of our new employee Julian, he’s an engineering student at Adelaide University & is here to help with the Raptor Builds & the general workload… Which will be a huge help for me and make sure we can stay on top of the demand in 2016.

2 Likes

I can’t believe you aren’t willing to spend all of your time with your child…how selfish! Haha :smile:

Great update. And dont feel guilty about having your son at day care. If hes anything like my son, its full on, so going back to work is a holiday. Its the modern day reality of parenting. We’d all like to not have to put our kids in DC. I can confirm it doesnt affect them when they get older.

1 Like

awww, i wanted to throw the ball for your shepherd. thank you very much for the update! i’m as exited again as a 10 year old before christmas. also welcome julian! little jealous of your workplace. but stay precise on those grip tapes :wink:

1 Like

So delivery of the first batch of enertion raptors is still pending the arrival of the new remote controllers! FUCK I hate waiting.

Quick Lesson to all you eager entrepreneurial eboard builders out there; when a factory tells you 10 days that actually means 30 days.

Anyway, we have been using our time to build the next batch of raptors and trying hard to get ahead of the demand, It will be nice to have stock sitting on the shelf so that we can simply grab a deck, box it, ship it & have it arrive at the customer’s house in a matter of days.

Of course, this all really depends on demand, it could increase more than expected and we will still be behind - it’s a guessing game really.

here is some footage of putting the bonus accessories onto the decks, such as the carry handle & tail guard.

NOTE: We went with the black handle, we think it looks slicker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAdkP-nAW60/?taken-by=enertionboards

1 Like

This is the first time I have had the MONO & DUAL Raptors Side-by-side…

WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER?

Here is a quick summary of things to consider. 1. The mono is much lighter! 2. The mono is much cheaper! 3. The mono has a surprisingly huge amount of power! more than I expected - the 6374 is lush 4. The mono has a surprisingly MUCH better “fuel economy” I haven’t got a solid number yet but it’s way more efficient than the dual… maybe 40km range? 5. The torque output of the mono feels much more usable & human-centric than the dual drive… the dual drive is just nuts! nuts in a good way… but sometimes times you forget how much power it has and you nearly shit your pants. 6. If you weigh under 80KG you probably don’t need dual drive. 7. Mono can climb hills aggressively too, especially if you weigh <80kg.

1. If you are a bigger person like over 100kg you will need Dual Drive. 2. If you want to climb hills, really fucking steep hills - really fucking fast, you need a dual drive. 3. If you have no limit to budget and want the market leading, ball-tearing, adrenaline-pumping torque & speed output of the Dual Drive Raptor… get the Dual Drive.

4 Likes

haha my thoughts exactly! single drive for life

I might end up testing out that raptor dual though… I’m sure riders in San Francisco or other hilly places would really appreciate it’s extra power.

But hey, on the other hand maybe it’s better to have all that range, and not a super crazy board! The single is probably better for people coming from Z-boards, Yuneec, etc. The power difference on the dual from those boards would probably be really crazy to get used to.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why this is a surprise. its just logical.

I mean I’ve been saying it for years now…

logical yes, but i really wasnt sure, i needed proof.

I only ever make judgement from my own real life experience, real data that I see from riding the way I ride. This is the first time i have ever ridden a mono drive eboard and it was a true surprise. Actually i dont think anyone has ever had two identical boards (except the motor qty) to compare side by side. Having two raptors together is a good science experiment.

So yeah, now I have the data I suppose it is logical! of course two motor uses more power than one, but i just thought maybe it wouldn’t be very noticeable, maybe like 3-4%. But the space cell power gauge doesn’t lie! the difference is fairly significant.

I have at least 3 identical boards that I chop and change parts for testing etc…