Barajabali's EMTB build thread

Sweet ride

Thank you sir

Sidenote. If you want to do this your self, deflate the tires first before you start uncscrewing the bolts it’s not possible to do easily without releasing the air pressure. I included a lot of pictures so I don’t have to say much!

Hey Mate. Nice to see that you already recieved the parts. That was less then one week from Germany to US… Nice

Continue the good work Bro. Let me know if i can help you anytime.

Jenso from E-Toxx

1 Like

Nice build You have coming along! Get those motor mounts anodised black, to match Your all-black board, it will look stealth as fu** :wink:

Thanks a lot man ! I actually got them like 3 days ago they came so quickly

I am planning do to that maybe but I don’t have the resources to do it…

Just find a company that will do that for You! I also advise getting parts bead blasted first (workshop that deals with rims repair should be able to provide You such service), it will give surface nice matte-satin finish. Man, You’re in US, You can do/get pretty much anything You want! :smiley:

Hahaha true. I’ll be looking into that. Thanks for the tip.

So I’m gonna go with 190kv on 10s. How do you think that’ll go with this setup

I’m surprised no one roasted me for doing this in my living room. Lol. I could have done it in the workshop downstairs but I had friends over planning a trip.

It should be fine, and make You smile :wink: IF HOWEVER You will want to go faster, You can always buy/make motor sprocket’s with more teeth, to lower gearing.

BTW. Nice rug :joy:

What kind of top speed do you think I’ll get out of my setup?

And haha thanks…

With 10S Lipo, 190kv on 8inch wheels you will get around 45kmh…

Perfect :smiling_imp:

You think enertions 6355 190kv will be fine? Or should I opt for the 6372 190kv?

Shit i want the 6372. Just emailed @carl.1 to help swap the two 6355 i ordered by mistake.

3 Likes

Looks like we are working on similar projects.

I have chosen the CF version. Right now I’m not sure if I paint the aluminum flat black. The big r-specs are already on my shelf and waiting. For me the biggest question right now is the battery. Not t sure if I go the lipo or lion route. @whitepony is running a big 12s6p pack as well, but I’m unsure if he’s happy. Maybe I try to keep it light and have some spare packs in my backpack while riding.

1 Like

Are you going to use any special type of paint? In my experience regular paint just cracks and peels off of aluminum. I think 12s is overkill for me unless you’re running less than 190kv. I’m going to use 2 190kv 6372 (if @carl.1 ever gets back to me about my order) and @Nowind said I’ll get a max speed of 27-28 mph. At 10s

I’m going with 90 18650 cells at 10s9p or maybe 10s8p

Im running a 10S6P DIY battery which is fine for touring, but Im not convinced by my “trampa touring concept” idea anymore. my Initial plan was to have a 40-50km trampa tourer that allows sidewalk hopping and some jumping on dirt trails. in the end I feel like the trampa is nearly exclusively a hardcore dirt trail machine that has to be as powerful and as light as possible.

i would argue that VESCs also dont fit the trampa at all, cause they cant take high currents - i killed 2 vescs already. nowinds last build is the way to go imo - sturdy small setup with high current Lipos and high current ESCS, made for massive torque.

1 Like

I haven’t bought paint, but I think the most important is the work before. If I paint them I’ll sandblast them before to get a good prepared surface. The primer should “stick” very well on the surface.

@whitepony Now you made me curious :smiley: I have seen the big motors too and have to admit that it was impressive. Sadly I have ordered all parts now and there is no way back. If I end up frying VESCs I have to rethink the “small” motors. Have you thought about changing the stance for your feet?