Barajabali's EMTB build thread

@Tarzan I don’t think normal paint would be good idea, if You plan getting mounts sandblasted, there is no reason why You shouldn’t get it anodised black as well :wink: The only other type of surface treatment I would see in this application is powder coating, but it’s more expensive.

@whitepony looks like we have same vesc-killing skill, I have 2 on my consciense as well… (but those are weird cases, first burned traces on VESC during nyko kama direction change, no load, in a flat… second, I wanted to get back to BLDC from FOC and probably drv chip failed when connected to BLDC tool, autodetection did not work, but I was able to reflash firmware, read, write config).

Anyway I went for the same touring concept, and I think I’m fine with it… That’s why I chose Trampa Long 35 instead of Holypro, to have more mounting space on board, and I knew it’s gonna be heavy anyway, so this few extra grams did not really matter.

1 Like

That’s a good idea I think I’m gonna go for that

What do you guys think about using 2 TB esc’s? They seem super heavy duty I’ve never burnt one out I use them on all my builds. @squad @whitepony

Just realised Trampa are literally about 10mins away from me!

I think that this may be more “fool proof” solution. I’d seriously consider it. I mean VESC is awesome, but I was really carefull when dealing with it and still managed to burn one and fu** up another just by trying to reprogram it (although it’s a mystery to me how did this happen…)

I like the TB esc’s they’re easy and really are fool proof. I don’t want to buy the same thing twice lol. I’ll just go with those

I have spoken with a guy who does anodizing and he said it it wouldn’t work with the used aluminium. @barajabali At first I’ll stick to the VESC and if i burn them you will have some experience with the TBs to share :smiley:

@Tarzan You can always anodize aluminium :wink: some alloys are just more difficult to treat (harder ones like 7075) Don’t know which alloy Jenso use, but I bet either 7075 or something similiar. I used 7075 alloy in my build to mill motor mounts inspired by Jenso, they’re anodised black, guy who did this did not have any problems with it and it looks awesome!

Check out my thread to see I’m not talking bullshit :smile: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/diy-trampa-long-35-e-mtb-dual-vesc-sensored-emax-gt5345/2474/38

1 Like

Just ordered 80 Samsung 25R’s. And 10 meters of 10mm wide nickel strip.
I’m using the same enclosure as @whitepony and the measurements look like they’ll fit a 10s8p pack.

Today I completed my gt2b mod using @MasterCho remote design in black.

I’m gonna go with 2 TB esc’s.

2 Likes

Cool, I got my r spec in today. It’s barely bigger than my Tacon 160s, only 5mm longer. Other than that, the keyway, and the flexible wires, they look identical inside and out.

@claudiofiore88 Can you do a comparison on torque and speed?

Yeah, I was planning on it. I’m just waiting on my vesc’s from @Chaka.

Got most of my parts in except for my motors which I’m not getting any word back from enertion when they are shipping. I guess that “free shipping” deal they have for orders over 300 bucks is that cut rate shit. I would have paid more for faster shipping. I don’t even know if they shipped it and they won’t respond to my emails or messages.

Let’s just say I’m not an enertion fan boy. But they got good shit.

Here’s why…

Too many fucking meat pies, dude!! LOL

yea i get that but i mean… its just two motors. toss em in the mail. doesnt require a response even. I even hit up @carl.1 on here too.

not sure if this is just standard for enertion. pretty sure it is.

1 Like

Well, i think they were a little overtaken by their orders… it was better earlier, and i think it will be better again next year.

Lol yep…you ordered after he got VeSC orders in… He’s fucking slammed lol

I ordered my stuff before he got the vesc and my shit came super quick from oz

Be patient

Patience is key I just want those monster motors in my hands lol

Lol…

Like ur :chestnut::chestnut:

Lol

1 Like

Hahah I’m gonna write a letter to the grand master of the Internet… Comcast… To ban you from using emojis