Axle vesc thread

Well they manufacture the PCBs then assemble them.

How much do the PCBs cost?

Just received the VESC’s!

@Jinra yikes! it looks like the motor leads weren’t tinned before soldering.

Thanks - when do you expect the new ones will come my way?

Saturday. Monday by latest :slight_smile:

Nice! I better start building my new board to make a home for these guys!

Don’t forget to wrap your motor leads with heat shrink. A lot of people forget to :confused:

1 Like

All yours :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m going to get the 10s4p from DIY Electric. (here diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-battery-epower-pack-10s4p-10ah-360wh/) and it comes with an xt-90 plug. If I order a couple vescs from you can you guys do xt-90 plugs instead of xt-60?

1 Like

goin to ride that baby hard! :monkey:

@zmoney - Looks good !!

Sure. We don’t have XT-90’s in the shop rn, but we can order them for you.

Got mine last night.

DId not cut the shrink off to super thoroughly check them, but they looked really good (at first glance).

Silicone wires, clean solder and heatshrink on the phase wires and bullet connectors. Clean heatshrink w/ no carbon. Hot glue to protect pins from puncturing power wire, and hot glue on the caps of cap pcb to help with none breaking off (vibration or movement stress i’d guess).

I’m out of town this weekend, but i’ll post some really good close-up pics for everyone. At least to satisfy the physical side - not sure when i’ll get to actually test them riding.

@zmoney - these have the same improved select components that chaka uses to make them more reliable?

5 Likes

Would it cost any extra? I’ve met my budget for this board that’s the only reason I ask.

Yep, they have some upgraded caps to help deal with 100V

1 Like

Nothing personal but I think you should also update your profile picture… Just put a nice Green ‘‘V’’ (like yes) sign… instead of that dreadful ‘‘X’’… Im usually not that superstitious… though this sort of influces me also from the marketing perspective… (X simbolizes dead end or a failure… ) :wink: :smiley:

Anyways… nice thing you do try to solve the mistakes you’ve made in the process… I think you should try to slow down the process… not sure about the order count but as you can see the return costs and all the hassle of repairing might take more time compared to just doing it right the first time…

Improve your equipment, like you already partially did… and I bet you will get way better results… otherwise… it’s shocking that you guys can solder / reflow these little tiny chips but struggle to directly solder the cables and shrink the heatshrinks nicely…

1 Like

Kind of thought about the profile pic too…

Anyways, the bad soldering job was partially due to two things: Bad wire and trying to rush orders out (it was a stressful week). Re-flowing isn’t too bad. just pop those suckers in and let em’ bake.

1 Like

Yeah, as you could already see here there are ppl who are willing to put their faith / money into this… so yeah, if you streamline the process and manage to cope up with the stress and order delivery in time. you should be good to go…

Pic also look more promising now :wink: (Personally, would put some sort of chip or even VESC, if I were you… since you are dealing with them now in the first place that would look sort of professional, in my opinion :wink: )

haha, much more…relaxing. I’ll have to change it for something else that has a logo later…:joy: