Avenue Suspension Trucks review/tutorial

@SilentException When I saw there site, I thought the price is pretty good until I noticed it was for one truck. Almost purchased only 1 as well.

@squishy654 What are the differences with the other two RKP trucks in development compared to the current one? Did you forget to link?

I preordered just one for the front of my board, and they actually sent me a pair instead!

Iā€™m using a prototype 165mm, milled 7000 series hanger on a new baseplate with a queen pin. They have been tested to 50 plus mph and raced on Maryhill already. Electric specific is in the works, I modded these with Paul at Avenue.

8 Likes

OMG, I wish I was that lucky. I would actually pay them for the other one without problems. But ordering second one now and paying another $20 shipping and $25 import dutiesā€¦shiiiit.

1 Like

Now THAT is cool.

Eventually I can sell you one of mine but price would be about the same (>50 Eur) Even at this price I would made a loss.

Hopefully they will release one that has 218mm hanger like torque board ones That would be a killer.

1 Like

When will we see this come to retail fruition?

1 Like

To dampen, you could put small air or oil filled pistons :slight_smile: like actual shocks but micro sized

Thanks man, I have found a German supplier selling for 58.5ā‚¬, not a bad price I think. But will let you know if the buy fails.

ā€¦

As I have no experience whatsoever with hub motors and how they mount, I was wondering if we could fit any of them on the Avenue trucks?

You certainly can, once hub motors become something worth putting them on it will be easyā€¦

Has anybody tried using avenues on just the front of the board?

1 Like

A word of warning about the magnesium version, I would not use those to mount a motor, the metal will be too soft for that, even the 6000 aluminum rkp prototypes I had barely stood up to the abuse, I cannot imagine the mag version fairing very well. I actually spoke with Avenue about this fact as I had the same idea before discovering the precision version they have been working on. Yesterday I tried to talk him into doing a group buy or something here in this very forum for the proper hangers but the cost is still too high. How much would you guys be willing to pay to get your hands on a pair of precision RKP suspension trucks from Avenue? Iā€™m talking new precision base-plate and hanger specifically for electric skating.

If thereā€™s enough interest I think I can talk them into making a batch for you guys, but like I said, these are precision truck prices here and then electric specific custom batch, and trust me, the cost of production displays this fact well. These work so well though itā€™s a no brainier for me. I actually cannot talk about certain features making them competitive again the top of the line downhill rkp precisionā€™s, trust me they have been tested to 50+ mph already by pro downhill riders and perform as well as you can imagine they do. So precision rkp downhill + suspension + electric specific hanger = X you would pay for it?..and right now I wouldnā€™t even bother presenting you with the cost of production, lolā€¦so letā€™s show him some interest and a number of interested buyers and see if we canā€™t get the cost down, itā€™s silly that all eskates donā€™t have suspension after you try these, itā€™s amazingā€¦they have actually saved me from getting bucked off the board now, hit uneven pavement and get thrown all over and these take it like a champā€¦thereā€™s a reason I have an aversion to pneumatic tiresā€¦lol, Iā€™ve never had a need for them and suspension allows me to retain the ā€œskateboardā€ in my e-skateboard and crush milesā€¦I put nearly 2000 miles on my 1st prototype and working on a thousand miles right now on the secondā€¦I sat with him and reviewed a cad drawing and took everything Iā€™ve been learning from you guys and told him what you wantā€¦now we just have to raise our hands, make a stink and get him to make the dang thingsā€¦please for me, go over to Avenue trucks and shoot them a note about how you want these suspension trucks, or what you want out of the designā€¦Letā€™s bug him till the noise is annoying enough to just do it, lol, heā€™s almost thereā€¦Iā€™ve been bringing all the mounts and existing products up there and showing him what you all use, heā€™s got the measurements, and I even showed him this forum yesterday, so itā€™s on like donkey kong yo, help me rabble rouse if you want these and letā€™s do a show of force, lol

4 Likes

i did 10 cha

iā€™d but for under 100/pair. I really dont think it has tobe presision. Im using the original version but it holds up even tho i shaved off quite a bit of thinkness and been riding for 6 month on water, gravel, saltā€¦ Actually i saw skaters broke the bolts not the hanger. I just wish they make 12" version

The broken bolts are actually a manufacturing problem, early tkp welds had a few bad apples, the hanger on the tkp is casted alloy and strong enough for eskating, no problem there. Iā€™m referring to the magnesium rkp option available, that alloy will be too soft to support a motor mount and the forces. Itā€™s a awesome longboarding truck, and made to be very lightweight, the mag hanger offsets the extra weight in the baseplate, totally different purpose than what we are doing. They would be great for any rkp longboard setups, but not powered. The reason the electric version should be precision is the strength of the alloy used and the precision of the mounting measurements, as a side effect you just happen to get a top of the line precision DH truck on top of it. Surfrodz and Liquid (Carvon) seem to be our top options for trucks at the moment, all are precision machined.

@ Sean, can you pm me Avenueā€™s phone number please?

$92 is a pretty good price for a pair.

Iā€™d like to stop by and pick some up next time Iā€™m in that area.

Nevada City you say?

1 Like

huhā€¦ I thought they were the ones youā€™ve been runningā€¦

1 Like

Nope, I am running a precision rkp prototype dh truck we adapted, itā€™s made from 7000 aluminum, itā€™s not released, I think thereā€™s just a handful being tested by riders (like me) at the moment. They are 160mm wide, 1.9mm of rake and hereā€™s my buddy Jake taking them to 50 mph before I put motors on themā€¦ they are legitā€¦

Just use his contact form, he actually uses it: http://avenuetrucks.com/contact/

Hereā€™s a video of Jake ballin on them during an eclipse, lol

And here they are bombing Maryhillā€¦

2 Likes

i see thanks for info!