Avenue Suspension Trucks review/tutorial

Let us know the ballpark pricing. I have 2 sets of Avenues, and use them regularly for park and pool skating. They are great for softening up the ride on regular boards, I’d love to see them on an eboard.

3 Likes

I’m sending @marcmt88 my RKP avenues to have mounts machined for them.

3 Likes

Have you ever tested this config (avenue base plate with your hanger)?

Yeah, not compatible…

1 Like

The hangers on Avenue rkp are lower or smaller than caliber due to the added height of the baseplate and suspension, they are not compatible with other truck parts…it was the 1st thing I tried…

1 Like

Few Evolve hangers will fit and there are couple of members with that setup, discussion earlier in this thread.

I was talking about the rkp

Ah yes. Sure. I apologize for my confusion. Forgot they are different base plates :slight_smile: I just want to put motor on the RKP ones but the material choice and the profile doesn’t make it easy…

1 Like

I actually have a spare set of rkp 165mm aluminum precision Avenue prototypes that have been chopped up for testing and ready for a single motor setup with a Caliber mount. They lack a queen pin and they ain’t pretty, but work beautifully… goes to the highest bidder who messages me because I need money for more parts and I want to see them rolling and enjoyed…

1 Like

Hey guys! I did some test vids showing my custom rkp rear hanger for 90mm hub motors on Avenue suspension plates. (I’ll be lowering my deck again soon, risers were on to test the larger skullboard 105mm crossover wheels)

5 Likes

Avenue base plate fits the hubmotor truck hanger?

Make a difference?

No the stock hanger does NOT fit the avenue base. My hanger was custom cnc machined to fit it all together - it is worlds of difference to me! The ride is much smoother, quieter, much more comfortable and less vibration across the board! Rough roads do not transmit vibration through like before. I love it !

5 Likes

totally forgot these exist. is there a way to make them compatible with calibers? @donta42 were you able to fix your 105mm skullboard motors?

Caliber hangers and their corresponding base plates are great because they are specifically made for each other. Sticking the hanger in a lathe to shorten it til it fits??? I think that level of custom job is probably not going to produce a precision hanger as good as the original.

My skullboard motors are exactly as they were when I first got them. There hasn’t been anything that really can be “done” … I think the motors are probably fine - its the rubber tires that are totally unbalanced on the “rims” of all 4 four wheels that is causing a ton of vibration. This isn’t something i can fix, it’s just a defective product. Skullboard has not responded to my request for an exchange of the 4 wheels, as they do not believe it is defective… I asked them to post a video of what a “healthy” amount of wheel noise sounds like - they have not done that either. And i can’t find anyone with video footage of riding skullboard wheels on smooth asphalt to compare the noise.

1 Like

thats in general the problem with chinese brands, they see QC in a different light as we do. but then again for that price, how much QC can you expect, a shame rly that it is a gamble to buy such a product. Guess since there hasnt been an update on the ABEC/Kegel Core issue that they probably just gonna sell their kits and close up shop once the inventory is gone. Back to my pneumatic build i guess, at least those are balanced or can be with some weights.

Hey E-Boarding,

First time posting on here but I had to say I loved you your video testing the Avenue trucks on your evolve for the simple fact your towing your kid! Awesome! Never seen that before and made my day. Happy skating bro.

Hi Donta42, you are very creative with this DIY build. I am a big fan of the avenue setup but would love to do the same for my Enertion Raptor R-Spec motor to fit the Avenue baseplate.I would also like to setup to be wider around 12 inches wide. Would your brother be open to another custom design for the avenue truck to fit the Spec raptor motor, if yes I’d like to get a quote. Please advise

Do you have measurements for the axle of the raptor hub motors? Is it also square 12mm?

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I will be buying an accurate measurement tool to give you the exact measurements. if your brother is open to it I am open to shipping him both the avenue truck and the Raptor trucks if that helps achieve the 12 inch wide + Avenue truck integration goal. Please advise, your time is appreciated

1 Like

Pm’d 10 char