Avenue Suspension Trucks review/tutorial

Gosh! Can you imagine how awful the rebound on those would be with no dampener on those ‘travel’ bolts…

Intriguing though. There’s room for innovation but I think we’re getting too complicated. A simple plate of annealed steel should do the trick :wink:

By the way… I’ve bought some steel… I’m making this! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve just thought how I could deal with my wheel-bite problem with my other board…

3 Likes

Add a spring and you’ll be golden :slight_smile:

It should be enough using spring steel… the same kind of steel you use to make coil springs in vehicles…

Do you think a design like this would need some kind of damper? If it’s sprung than it can possibly twist under load maybe and start to wobble. This is a cool idea though.

I thought that too, maybe it’ll need some kind of damping…

Hopefully, if I anneal it properly it won’t contort with sideways pressure and only compress with upward pressure… We’ll see!

1 Like

I use avenue for my esk8 but, i found it bounce me off at high speed cornering, Im switching rear to caliber. unless suspension has damper on, reduce travel time, it’s not good for high speed cornering, it will bounce you off the board.

Im keeping the front tho,

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0AVUCF/ref=s9u_cartx_gw_i2?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01M0AVUCF&pd_rd_r=9Z3ZA4CK8ZD08RCT5S20&pd_rd_w=Em940&pd_rd_wg=CAiue&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=7XV0WJZJJH9122R47HQK&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1dd2ffc3-992f-4bde-81b0-de270e0ead5a&pf_rd_i=desktop

1 Like

I saw this but, avenue is making for longboard truck, and cheaper too. and I’m pretty sure those bolts will bend eventually/

That design is terrible… Look at those bolts dangling! Lol

revieced my Avenue Longboard Trucks today

I tried to switch the hanger but normal hangers like the Enertion-Hanger don’t fit the Avenue Baseplate.

And the Avenue hanger is a about 1cm smaler than the Evolve-Gen2-Hanger I’m currently using and have unfortunate geometry for motor-mounts, so my Dual-15mm-6355-setup will not fit on them which is bad.

Would like to find a wider hanger that fits, currently I can use them as front-truck only :frowning:

3 Likes

You’ll have to modify them, round them off and grind away some of that triangle angle and get some mounts for Paris trucks…

thats too bad i was thinking put caliber on it

1 Like

I ordered a pair recently too. I’m hoping that I can get a local machine shop to CNC custom trucks to fit a hub motor. I still need to decide which hub motor to buy first.

1 Like

I was thinking of doing the same thing for my board. A riser that also functions as suspension. My board has 3/4 inches risers now. Let me know if you get these made.

1 Like

Possible to Frankenstein caliber hangers onto the avenue trucks?

1 Like

Only if the distance between the tip of the pivoting nose and kingpin bolt are the same and the depth of the seating of the urethane bushing is the same.

I received the box from Avenue today. Oh boy was I surprised when I saw one truck inside.

Yes, I made a rookie mistake and ordered one, argh! :angry:

Anyone with extra RKP longboard avenue truck in EU for sale? :slight_smile:

Avenue now has at least two RKP trucks in the works, check this out, I wouldn’t recommend electric skateboarding with TKP trucks, too dangerous…