[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

Oh thought I posted it here already.

Here you go!

Well, technically, yeah, but i’m not sure what the demand is on this. Like with all cnc parts it’'s pretty expensive to make them in small quantities.

That being said, i’m working on several things for these drives right now (: and i might just be able to work that in. @Linny knows whats up :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I can’t reveal anything due to a gag order, Jeff has a guillotine just beside his workshop to finish off people who know too much

5 Likes

1 Like

After lots of sourcing and searching, I’ve managed to get hold of a gear supplier who is able to manufacture herringbone gears to my specified design and tolerances.

Coq Tease~

Herringbone%20Assembly%20v5 13T 51T%20Gear%20Image%20(1)

Manufacturing is on-going and will take several weeks to complete…I’ll update once I get my hands on the parts!

I should get this thread on the other forum too huh… ><

Jeff

11 Likes

Intresting, what is the main upgrade compare to a normal gear or a spiral one? more grip between the teeth of what?

no more slide-load issue :wink: (and silence !!)

I draw that last year to share with Jenso for his helical kit (to moon too, and on the picture only thread).

But actually, I’m more convinced by a dual-helical gear, if I can say. Did you test both possibility Jeff ?

I was hoping someone finally makes them for real! Awesome !!
:wink: :+1: well done mate !

6 Likes

Yeah, i sure did! dual Helicals are cheaper to make, but the company quoted me the same price for both dual helical and herringbone gears, so why not go with herringbone! The reason why it took me so long to get it done was due to the sourcing and searching for a competitively priced manufacturer who was willing enough to take this project up…

3 Likes

They have all the benefits of helical gears, without the issue of axial loads. Ideally, i’m trying to make a silent gear drive, but only real-life testing will tell (:

3 Likes

IF you making a gear drive silent I am in! THe only reason why I do not embrace belt or gear drives is the noise.

1 Like

Yes, it’s what I (try to) mean ^^ herringbon style /dual helical,
like this :

2 Likes

That’s the problem for most, i feel. :smiley:

3 Likes

yeap, i get what you mean haha. that was my initial design :smiley:

1 Like

where is the nooiiiize ?? :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed this one is really low noise. Which drive is it? All the drives I heard presented a really high pitch sound, that’s why I claimed that.

(huge rabbit hole)

I read in another thread that trampa’s helicals are loud, and that was by choice, to increase power transfer.

I thought it was helicals, but herringbone, wow super fun!

1 Like

Woow such a high level content with not so many followers. I hope it’s because is a new channel.

Interesting for the gears. well I guess existing gear drive only have to update the 2 gears and they are ready to go. Another question I got by looking at the pictures. Why the choice of a steal or aluminium motor pulley and a POM or similar gear for the wheel? Is it to reduce the noise level?

2 Likes

Exactly! I’m making it compatible to the current set up! (:

2 Likes

uh… what?

I believe @deucesdown was referring to this thread

1 Like

That’s cool. Are you also using plastic made wheel gear?