[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

The AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit

Pre-Order Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gYr1-n0KrREdRcyXWUtRPM9gcydkQm_xFLcjo0lM4Ak/edit

• Do submit the form only after you have made payment of $370 USD via paypal to [email protected]
  • Purchase a 4WD and receive a 10% disc off the total price! ($74 cheaper)!
  • The price is for TWO DRIVES (2WD) and includes free intl shipping and paypal fees!

Description:

Hey guys! You guys are probably familiar with the Avio Gear Drive for Urethane wheels.

I’ve have since been poisoned my the AT wheels in my local community (I blame @ervinelin) and have decided to design one for an AT drive with the use of Bergmeister Wheels and Kahua Trucks from https://haggyboard.com/ - Timo, @riverside.rider.

The Kahua Trucks:

• The Kahua truck is made for speed on any terrain! It is the combination of a forged and precision milled hanger with super strong 12mm diameter / 8mm stepped axles and a 50-degree baseplate.
  • 340mm total truck width with axles made of extremely strong carbon steel.
  • Tighten the 92A barrel bushings and your board will be stable for gnarly speed fun, loosen them and you can enjoy an intense carving session.

The Bergmeister Wheels:

• Precision CNC milled three-spoke hubs in 5 different colors to choose from. 150mm wheel diameter and 45mm width. Fits all standard longboard trucks with 8mm axles.
  • The Bergmeister All-terrain tire is designed with a multi-arc profile, which means that the thread profile varies across the full tire profile. This design allows for better steering and providing substantially more traction than normal shaped tires of same diameter.

The design has already been modelled with a 3.75:1 gear ratio, using the following primary components:

Material Component Colour Qty
AL7075-T6 Motor Mount Black 2
AL7075-T6 Cover Black 2
AL7075-T6 Pinion Gear 16T Black 2
POM Spur Gear 60T White 2
POM Wheel Adapter Black 2
Nitrile Rubber V-Ring Black 2
- M3x25mm Screw - 12
- M4x3mm Set Screw - 4
- M5x30mm Screw - 6
- M8x35mm Set Screw - 6
- 6801 Bearing - 2
- 6805 Bearing - 2
- 3-DP Squaring Jig - 1

I am planning to do an pre-order of these drives, should I have a sufficient interest in this (and only if everything goes well with testing). Timo and I have also been talking about this and he is keen to offer a package deal of his trucks and wheels with this drive. Do take part in the Poll below if you’re interested!

1. I’m Interested in a 2WD!
  2. I’m interested in a 4WD!
0 voters

Which colours will you prefer on the Motor Mount? (You can select more than 1!)

1. Raw
  2. Black
  3. White
  4. Red
  5. Blue
  6. Green
  7. Orange
  8. Others
0 voters

Which colours will you prefer on the Gearbox Cover? (You can select more than 1!)

1. Raw
  2. Black
  3. White
  4. Red
  5. Blue
  6. Green
  7. Orange
  8. Others
0 voters

If you were to buy the drive, would you want to have it pre-assembled with 2x 6374 Motors or would you rather purchase motors of your choice and buy the drive as a kit?

1. With the Motors!
  2. Without the Motors but partially assembled!
  3. I’ll assemble it all on my own!
0 voters

Videos of the Drive in action!:

23 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOO ok i have a pneumatic board already i shouldn’t

4 Likes

Good combo. Like the look of both the gear drive and the truck/wheel set. Nice work!

6 Likes

Just so we’re clear, @riverside.rider i like you and your products, i just have too many boards now haha. Maybe if Jeff completes his version 1 and i step foot on it…

2 Likes

From the talks ive heard with Timo, its obvious he’s paying attention to the esk8 community. Great guy to deal with. Curious what 2019 has coming from haggy.

8 Likes

There’s never such a thing as “too many boards”, believe me. I know. :smiley:

6 Likes

hahaha, @Linny, …I am actually in a somewhat similar position…too much stuff piling up here.

As @nuttyjeff already mentioned above, the idea is to offer a package deal. If you purchase from Jeff the Aortal AT setup you will get a sweet n sexy discount code from him that can be used to purchase either of the two packages from the haggyboard website:

Package A:

• 2x Kahua trucks with replaceable / screw in axles
  • 4x Complete Bergmeister wheels
  • incl. shipping

Package B:

• 2x Kahua trucks with replaceable / screw in axles
  • 4x Complete Bergmeister wheels
  • 4x Extra inner tubes & tires
  • incl. shipping

We are still discussing the idea about the rim color possibly matching the Aortal AT gear drive…so I would say that this depends on the poll. Nevertheless, we will have some new fancy rim colors soon.

10 Likes

Green?

10 char

barbie pink for @Linny :slight_smile:

Vote Vote Vote! haha!

1 Like

Wait what?

I’LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK

2 Likes

Super excited about this! Probably too early to ask but are there any indications regarding pricing?

I’ve not thought about pricing yet, although I’ve designed for it to be as cost effective as can be. It’ll be made known in due time~ when the drive is ready to be sold! :smiley:

3 Likes

Do you have a price in mind? Im interested in a wheel and truck set with a 2wd kit

1 Like

Hmm… maybe I should put this on the first post. I suspect alot of people will be asking this question haha.

8 Likes

I love this collaboration. Good job gents.

6 Likes

Nice to have a good selection of different Gear drives.

2 Likes

looks like 2019 will be the year of the gear drive.

3 Likes

what do you mean?? They are actively ganging up on us to relieve us of our hard earned. Its a conspiracy.

4 Likes

you sir are just the kind of business man that is fully appreciated around here. :sunglasses:

2 Likes