[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

Haha thanks! Might contact you in a couple days (prob weeks…)

1 Like

Price and items in the list is at the very first post!

1 Like

Just checking in on delivery… is everyone who pre ordered getting there drives around the same time or are they being delivered in batches?

Hey there! Your order has already been sent out! I’ll msg you the tracking number.

Most of the drives have already be sent out.

For the rest: If you did not receive a msg from me stating that your order has been delayed, your order has already been posted out on thr 27th of Apr.

1 Like

My drives have arrived! Stoked

4 Likes

Awesome!

To anyone else who might be interested, I still have several sets left for sale! Simply shoot me a PM and I’ll hook you up :slight_smile:

Regards, Jeff

1 Like

Will there be more? The bank account is seriously depleted atm but these look awesome

1 Like

Oh, forgot to update the build that i used these drives on. Here ya go!

20190515_080656 20190515_080703 20190515_080709 20190515_080719 20190515_080511 20190514_175113 20190515_080519 20190515_084631 20190515_000808 20190515_080634 20190515_080651

22 Likes

Possibly! We’ll see! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh nice! How much riser on the back, and s it angled? Can I beg for a tutorial on how to do the enclosure cutouts so perfectly?

Enclosure cutouts? Are you referring to the cutout for the voltmeter?

Yes voltmeter and esc heatsink. So clean!

Esc heatsink is done by @Eboosted I think @Linny traces the cutout on the enclosure, dremels it off and sands it smooth. That’s how I would do it anyway.

1 Like

Ok just mad skillz and patience. Got it.

1 Like

Exactly! :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe @Linny has an idiot proof way to get it done.

Thanks! I’ll make a more detailed post when im back, and also not to derail haha

1 Like

Where can i get those ?!

1 Like

I’m assembling these now, nice improvements from urethane drives!

Some things I’ve noted so far:

• motor screws need to be M4 socket head (not button head) 8mm. 10m goes in too far, slightly touches motor parts in a maytech sealed 6374. Ordered some from ebay. 100 pcs lol. I suppose if anyone in the US needs a set for this drive, hit me up.

• the motor seal plate (the thin red piece of aluminum). Referring to the video… The maytechs are have 2 concentric sets of screw holes as usual. If you don’t use the seal plate, the inner screw holes are exposed to the innards of the gear drive, so grease can migrate into the motor. I imagine this is the same deal for just about all motors. side note, I have to take like 2mm off the motor shaft on these motors.

• the big bearing into the wheel pulley. If I press it against something flat to seat it (so the bearing is flush with the pulley), there appears to be about a 2mm space between the bearing and the end of the bearing cavity. But if you look at the pulley cavity without the bearing in it, there’s a 2mm lip to hold the bearing there. Do not attempt to seat the bearing more deeply. :slight_smile: This bearing rides on the hanger on the thick section that the motor mount rides on, of which there’s only like 2mm sticking out.

It’s going together like lego so far. The haggy trucks are really really nice (@riverside.rider). The drive is so big compared to the urethane drive!

2 questions for jeff or others who have assembled.

What KV are you running? 190-200kv seems a bit high for the gear ratio? I’m going to try 170kv, planning on 12s.

@nuttyjeff are you able to do 10mm wheel pulleys? For the maytech 6880 motors? Maybe at a slightly higher gear ratio? Hypothetical question at this point, but the size of the drive makes me think this might be a good move.

2 Likes

I’m running 190kv Flipsky 6354s, on 10s. Seems like a sweet spot for me. If you plan to go 12s, 170kv or so is good, gives more torque too.

2 Likes

we can haz bashguard stl plz?

1 Like