Any reviews or insight on FLIPSKY motors?

Has Fllipsky fixed the quality issue with the 6374 motors yet @BarbaraZ

Man sorry for the bad motors but at least this video made me really laugh because it’s genius. It’s a psychological masterpiece, your face makes it personal and the random pissed looks into camera are so damn funny and effective. I still have to laugh if I imagine the faces of the banggood sellers when they watched it.

“Look at him, this man is no joker, better refund him” :rofl:

4 Likes

Meanwhile, I need some 6374s. Who makes the best motors?

get the Maytech 6369’s from @psychotillerhttps://psychotiller.com/product/sensored-6365-200kv-motor

Ha ha after 20 emails back and forth, without any progress, i had to do something :-p

7 Likes

Anyone have an extra magnet retainer for these motors? I need one, thank you

I’ve got two motors in a thousand bits with broken and loose magnets… what would you recommend to replace 6355’s?

1 Like

I contacted Flipsky a few months ago about slipping magnets and with a little back and forth, they agreed to send me a new bell. To my suprise, it actually came with a magnet ring. So I think they have listened and may be selling better quality 6374 motors. Here’s a photo:

20190313_024741

You could contact them and maybe ask if you can buy the bell with a retainer ring for a discount (sometimes offering $20 to cover shipping is enough to expedite the process).

1 Like

I also took my bad bell and spent some time repairing it to a point where I’d be happy to ride it again. Designed and 3D printed a retainer ring out of ABS (there is a possibility of it melting but should work for normal use). Steaightend all the magnets and used a bunch of super glue to hold everything in place. Turned out well and will be a good backup.

20190107_194410

1 Like

Should work… ABS is stable up to 110 degrees. Give feedback after some rides!

I have not seen specific epoxy recommendations, but found this epoxy on Farnell, it appears to have all the desirable properties for glueing in loose magnets or battle hardening

“Some well-know eskateboard company and customers in the forum have been purchasing for two years and the quality is reliable.”

from Flipsky post on motors - is this true? not quite what I get from this thread … anyone think the “quality is reliable” yet?

I have crossed 400km mark on my oct/nov 2018 bought motors. They come with the magnet retaining ring. No scraping noise and no complaints.

3 Likes

Maytech, check with @psychotiller

1 Like

I think they have finally switched to bells that include the retainer ring. For $89 (and usually they have 15% off sales quite often), plus free shipping, I think it’s worth a try if you’re on a budget. Maybe when you purchase the motors, specify in the order notes to ensure your motor comes with a retainer ring.

I’m from Canada so to buy a motor from DIY Electric Skateboard is $120USD, plus $40USD shipping, plus the chance of duties, makes a 6374 well over $200 Canadian Pesos. Alternatively from Flipsky, I can get the motor for just over $100CAD since shipping is free and duties are rare (Chinese companies rarely declare accurately).

1 Like

What we need is a sticky somewhere where motors are compared for durability and price, Ive spent a good few hours searching and this thread is the only recent one being updated. For people like me who are pulling their hair out with broken and loose magnets would be a good thing to quick reference!

Ps what do you guys think durability-wise are the top motors? From what I can see Maytechs are pretty highly rated probably followed by Torque Boards?

I’m steering towards maytech now @mmaner but they don’t really have a 190kv option in 6355 :pensive:

Thoughts ! :+1::wink::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Check with buildkitboards.com (@JLabs) and see what he has, his motors are good and he stands behind his gear. Plus he has 190kv motors.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, i have noticed you have tried a lot of gear :gear: :wink::clap:

What’s your experience with maytechs if I might ask? I might just go 170kv …:man_shrugging:

That’s just what I do, test gear. The unsealed Maytechs are my favorite motors. They are really smooth on rotation because of perfectly aligned magnets and and better than average shaft bearings. They typically last longer because of this too. In all honesty, I used to make fun of @sender for spending so much on motors and then I rode his “City Slicker” and saw the error of my ways.

That being said, they aren’t better than BKB motors, just different. @JLabs (BKB) motors are sealed so the ‘feel’ a bit different, but being sealed there is lot less debris that gets in the motor fouling your bearings. The get hotter faster, but you would have to be bombing up a lot of hills and doing some heavy acceleration before you would see any effect.

3 Likes

Maytech posted a video of a new waterproof and dustproof motor on their youtube page. Basically using a sealed bearing as a seal, the same idea has been used to make gear drives waterproof. @Guz, maybe you want to consider that too.

2 Likes