Any reviews or insight on FLIPSKY motors?

What we need is a sticky somewhere where motors are compared for durability and price, Ive spent a good few hours searching and this thread is the only recent one being updated. For people like me who are pulling their hair out with broken and loose magnets would be a good thing to quick reference!

Ps what do you guys think durability-wise are the top motors? From what I can see Maytechs are pretty highly rated probably followed by Torque Boards?

I’m steering towards maytech now @mmaner but they don’t really have a 190kv option in 6355 :pensive:

Thoughts ! :+1::wink::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Check with buildkitboards.com (@JLabs) and see what he has, his motors are good and he stands behind his gear. Plus he has 190kv motors.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, i have noticed you have tried a lot of gear :gear: :wink::clap:

What’s your experience with maytechs if I might ask? I might just go 170kv …:man_shrugging:

That’s just what I do, test gear. The unsealed Maytechs are my favorite motors. They are really smooth on rotation because of perfectly aligned magnets and and better than average shaft bearings. They typically last longer because of this too. In all honesty, I used to make fun of @sender for spending so much on motors and then I rode his “City Slicker” and saw the error of my ways.

That being said, they aren’t better than BKB motors, just different. @JLabs (BKB) motors are sealed so the ‘feel’ a bit different, but being sealed there is lot less debris that gets in the motor fouling your bearings. The get hotter faster, but you would have to be bombing up a lot of hills and doing some heavy acceleration before you would see any effect.

3 Likes

Maytech posted a video of a new waterproof and dustproof motor on their youtube page. Basically using a sealed bearing as a seal, the same idea has been used to make gear drives waterproof. @Guz, maybe you want to consider that too.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of hurling my current setup and going down the road of Psychotiller or surf rods trucks with 6374’s as I already have a 10s5p … the $$$ from Oz is gonna hurt bad thou :weary::thinking:

I’ve read a few times you have also rated the TB’s 6374’s pretty highly thou? I know they have updated their retaining rings etc

Yeah, nothing at all wring with TB motors. I’ve used them alot and never had one fail.

I’ve got two 6355’s in a million pieces in my workshop. One start screeching on a ride to work, pulled it down and found loose magnets with retaining ring loose and rubbing on inside of can…pulled the second one down to have a look, seemed fine but on closer inspection magnets all loose (retaining ring was still in place thou)…one magnet fell apart in my hands. I have contacted them about it and need to follow up. Must have been an old batch

If you are interested in saving $30:

@Guz one of our most recent batch we’ve had some that failed. We have a current production batch in which we’ve added an additional retainer clip and we’ve epoxied the entire motor can. So the new motors will be great. :smile:

We’ll also have some spare motor cans. You can replace your motor can for your other motors if you want. It will fit.

3 Likes

I love your motors but I really wanted red motors for my next build it’s a dilemma lol.

1 Like

I have tried sealed Maytech 6355 and 6374, Trampa 6364 and Hobbyking SK8 6374. The Maytech motors are by far the more powerful. Even the 6355 can withstand more amps before losing tracking.

1 Like

@torqueboards I would love two cans to replace the current ones if that is possible… I’ve been having a rather long discussion via email with you guys? If you could follow up your end I would be happy to go down this route if possible ?

Thanks for the reply

@Guz PM me your T#. I’ll check it on it for you.

1 Like

Unless they have done the normal trick of leaving “New” on a product released ages ago it looks like Flipsky might have added some new motors

Has anyone tried them out ? I thought I read something about them the other day but can’t find it now so I might have just been going crazy…

These are new. Came out less than a month ago. Rated at less watts and are cheaper.

Just received my 6368 190kv from ali

Almost the same motor without any holes for ventilation

IMG_3613

4 Likes

These look identical to the new flipsky motors. Hope they work out well.

1 Like

Yes. Looks 100% the same. Only connectors have some different And on ali they available more then 6 month already!

2 Likes

What pulley are you going to use with them?