Am i too old for an electric longboard?

Hi, i was going to build a couple of boards for my son and i BUT then i told the wife! she thinks a 47 year old man will look a right tit! well is she right? be kind!!

9 Likes

don’t think so. I would love my dad to have cool hobby like u! Beside, there are RC-ist which looks like playing toys from outside look and skateboarding is more of a sport.

3 Likes

Pffft. You should see the old lads at my work when I ride my board. I’m 99% sure atleast 1 of them will have a board next summer.

9 Likes

That depends on how much you care about opinions. I have been told many times “you shouldn’t be riding that thing, you are not a kid” I don’t give a shit and I keep riding…

9 Likes

I’m 38, I still wanna be riding boards when I’m 47 dude. You’re never too old :wink:

5 Likes

Im 43 and I build and ride boards, there’s older people than me on these forums doing the same. All I can tell you is “screw 'em if they cant take a joke” :).

11 Likes

Why did you tell her ??? :scream:You were just looking for trouble! About the same age as you and I would get the same response if I told her. Is there actually an age to do anything? I saw recently a video of a 78 year-old guy doing kitesurfing. I would like to be him at that age.

2 Likes

No. 10 char

2 Likes

I still surf and ride electric longboards and take my grandson to water parks and go down the slides with him. I’ll be 60 years old this Dec.

UPDATE: Dec 2019 I’m 62 now and recently took up down hill mountain biking!

48 Likes

42 year old here.

No.

6 Likes

I would say you are too old to NOT be riding !!! Tell your wife you gotta have fun while the knees and back are still working !

6 Likes

Electric longboards were made for old guys - first, they have brakes. Second, you don’t have to push so much. Third, they’re expensive. Lastly, we (our generation anyway) invented skateboarding.

I think that properly marketed e-longboarding could be a huge resurgence sport and it’s a damn sight more fun and interesting than RC airplanes.

I’m 54. And IIRC I’m not the oldest person on this forum. Get an “Old Guys Rule” t-shirt and ride on :slight_smile:

Edit 1: if your wife thinks you’re old at 47 she’s not going to like what happens next :slight_smile: Edit 2: I have software speed limiting on all my boards. The beginner boards top out at 17 mph, the bigger boards just over 20 mph. I do believe that speed is for the kids because the difference is that if they get injured it hurts and they have great stories. If we get injured it’s a whole season lost.

15 Likes

34 Likes

Please do not let age define your joy in life. If you want to ride an electric longboard then ride your heart out. I’m a young guy at 28 and think it’s kick ass to see guys riding longboards that are older than I am!

7 Likes

You’re a couple of years younger than my dad, but when I made my ESK8 and my dad said “hold on, let me try this” I actually said no :sweat: . I was legit just scared that he would fall and break something or hurt his back as he’s already having a lot of pain in his back. I simply associate a 50 year old man to not be cable of riding it. (I’m 21). It’s actually weird, when my parents tell me to no ride that dangerous board, I’m like don’t worry it’s safe. But when my dad wants to ride it, I think it’s to dangerous for him :stuck_out_tongue: .

But if you’re still fit, then why not I guess? If you’re almost already cripple like my dad (Okay I exaggerate quite a bit perhaps) then you may need to consider. Just wear protection and set an example for your son! If I’d meet you on the street I wouldn’t care how old you are, I’d want to know how dope your ESK8 is.

5 Likes

Building my first esk8 at 41. Can’t see a problem with that :wink: Will be taking one of the girls to school riding on that thing (she’ll be on her bike though) and then off to my school…

3 Likes

Age is only a number, fear is only relative. RIP Victor!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLqo7hETPk

23 Likes

Never too old to thrash brother!

3 Likes

Just tell her you are young, as she is :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to build your wife one too. I’m 47 as well. My wife thinks it’s cool. Age is just a number.

16 Likes