Am i too old for an electric longboard?

I’m 47! You’re never too old to longboard. You’re old when you stop trying.

16 Likes

Im 44 i have 2 e boards 1 Metroboard and 1 diy board… I have 2 kids 5 and 12 im glad i was doing what i was doing growing up skateboarding ,bmxing, My wife is used to be being me…

DO IT BUILD AWAY ITS GREAT FUN:grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah 34 did my build last year at 33 also had the passing thought perhaps I’m too old for this but really if you’re in decent health or you’re just careful to not hurt yourself badly as you’re learning (and have health insurance) then you’re in good shape :slight_smile: Really I get more frightened when I see some 13 year old or around that age on the forums here going gung ho on building the fastest rocket stick they can.

2 Likes

The young lads where i work think i need to grow up…I think they need to get a life…

9 Likes

What a bunch of boring young lads you work with :smile: never stop being awesome!

2 Likes

46 here. Everyone’s just jealous.

7 Likes

Bunch of crock, that is. You’re never too old to have fun and enjoy yourself. If you want to build an esk8, go for it!

1 Like

lol I just turned 46 in august… and none of you bastards wished me a HBD lol

And show ur wife this

All electric

11 Likes

happy b-day to you, happy b-day to you, you smell like a monkey and you look like one too… courtesy my sister growing up every b-day of mine :wink:

3 Likes

I’m turning 38 in a few months and have a 2.5 year old daughter, she’s the only thing holding me back from doing stupid “young” stuff any more. esk8 seems better for older people anyway as it’s an expensive hobby and requires safety and responsibility.

3 Likes

Is that a landyachtz Evo?

1 Like

@JAG1 no way, you’re not too old! I’m 40 and ride ~20 miles a week on my esk8, and build and ride my own.

You might get some looks of disdain from less-enlightened peers, but I like to think that they are deeply envious of the freedom, creativity, and physical prowess we display when we zip past them! Who wants friends who will judge you for trying something new anyway?!

Fair warning to anyone, of ANY AGE starting this new sport though; you need to practice good judgement and caution. It also helps tremendously if you know how to ride a regular non-electric longboard. And always wear a helmet. Make a concerted effort to avoid injury, because the “I told you so” will echo for eternity in your social world if you end up in a cast.

4 Likes

Age is just a number. 42 here and no plan to stop anytime soon.

If you are smart - work on good longboarding skills, and ride within your skill - it’s great. If you try to go too fast, and have a failure it can be a painful lesson. Wear gear appropriate for the speed you want to ride. Helmet and gloves would be my minimum recommendation.

But hell - they are just jealous! Go ride! electric or other - it’s all about moving and keeping your balance as you get older!!

Good luck man!

4 Likes

Off topic…

Happy Belated Dude!¡!¡!¡!

Back to topic…

4 Likes

@Michaelinvegas Happy Birthday Dude! :gift::cake:

3 Likes

I’m 53 and got mine 2 years ago and it made me feel 10 years younger, I regained a bunch of balance that I hadn’t even realized I lost. However if you have never skateboarded in your life it might be a tad dangerous having wheels under your feet that at a pull of a finger can sent you going 23 mph down the road! I think your wife wants to not feel left out and old herself.

3 Likes

Ha yeah completely forgot bro… Merry Christmas :christmas_tree: :tada::gift:

2 Likes

If you care what people think, then you might NOT be old enough. I feel like there is a certain point in your life when you mature enough to just say “I don’t give a fuck what people think” and do whatever you want. Sometimes that might be when you’re 20 sometimes it might be when you’re 60, but if you’ve achieved that level of enlightenment, then I think you owe it to yourself to get an esk8.

And a cool looking helmet. That’s important. Lol

2 Likes

You are too old for esk8 when your heart stops beating :wink: I am almost 40 and it makes me feel alive, BTW I’m too old to die young :joy: Father and son on esk8, that’s cool!

3 Likes

I’m rebuilding this for a guy who turned 50 a few days ago. He’s been esk8ing for atleast 15 years

5 Likes