All new 2019 VESC-Tool release

Did anyone already download the app because I can’t find it on Google Play :unamused:

Also I wonder if everything works with a standard HM-10 module or does it need a special one like this:

1 Like

which remotes currently support this?

The NRF Dongle we offer from now on is compatible with the upcoming remote controls we plan to offer soon. Remotes will be able to connect to the NRF51 and NRF24.These dongles need to have a special FW, allowing to connect to the remote and the App simultaneously.

so we need to purchase a new dongle to get all the advantages? or still compatible with the old Trampa NRF dongle?

Compatible, but remote feature requires new FW. We will try to find a way how to install it on existing Trampa modules.

Any details of the new nrf remote shown on the page? What additional features woukd it have over the 2.4g modules? Got a link to the new vesc-tool download page?

This new module will be compatible with the Arduino nrf 24 remotes are available from the community? Like firefly’s or feather remote with UART telemetry? Another question is possible to use the nrf 24 integrated in the vesc 6.4 with Arduino remotes?

Looking for the link of the new app like not tomorrow, soooo curious!!

Benjamin bangs on uploading the App. This Saturday stilĺ has some hours left…

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just purchaed

Thx for inviting Benjamin for a drink! He worked very hard to make this happen. 20k plus lines of new code require a lot of patience and endurance on the keyboard.

3 Likes

Purchased, installed, updated to latest firmware on my Focboxes (the Vesc6 on my Trampa are at my other house) through the metr pro module. Motor detection run real easy and fast, the same with input setup. The motors were detected at 45A (Maytech 6355) but I increased the value to 60A that I normally run. Battery values were too high so again I manually reduced them to 40A and -10A (dual escs).

The bad: The update “broke” the metr.at app and only one motor shows. I hope @rpasichnyk will find a solution soon. I saw this in the changelog: prefer cogging over logging the brakes. I am not sure I will like that since I already get some cogging while braking on this board (the other is smooth as butter). We will see.

Do you know by any chance if VESC Tool app works with cheap ble modules? Like the ones that work for Ackmaniac’s app?

2 Likes

Vedder restructured the CAN interface so multi-esc will probably need to be handled differently by other apps. Also, where is the source code? The app is up but all repositories aren’t updated.

2 Likes

For what i just realize no, doesn’t work with hm-10 module also not with regular metr. :frowning:

1 Like

The new vesc tool was way different but in a good way. Foc detection now involves entering data such as battery voltage/type/and capacity along with size of motor(s) and pulley/wheel sizes. Foc detection was one click after that with single and dual vesc builds. Gonna try them out later today to see if performance change is noticeable

1 Like

Am I misunderstanding something or is there also a new Vesc-tool for PC? :slight_smile:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Yes, there is also a new VESC-Tool for Windows and Linux available :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Where? :upside_down_face:On the official Vesc-project page the latest relase is from 2017… :slight_smile:

On VESC-Project you can’t download old versions. The system shows you when you did the checkout, which might be a while back.

1 Like