All new 2019 VESC-Tool release

Where we can download it (in the vesc project) do you have link Thank you

3 Likes

It’s in there, but I could not find it until I specifically searched for “vedder.vesctool” with no spaces. It will probably rise up through the search results once it starts getting some downloads.

2 Likes

Just added a link there, pointing to the App-Store.

And when will the Vescs 75/300 be shipped (which profit from the vesctool)?

Don’t worry about sources Jeffrey. When I remember correctly we waited more than two years for the enertion code to get public :wink: I bet Benjamin will be a lot faster.

2 Likes

We flashed the 75/300 on Friday and hope to finish all bench tests by Monday evening. Tuesday is realistic.

Maybe enertion’s actions caused this one to be closed-source ha ha ha

Wouldn’t that be ironic

It would suck, but it would be fucking hilarious and well-deserved karma. While sucking.

2 Likes

Guess I’m just a bit confused why the tool would be ready for upload but not ready to push to git. It’s being commented up or something? Honest curiosity not trying to jab I know everyone gets busy.

1 Like

I got the same issue. In my case it’s because my phone has android 5 and you need android 6 for the new vesc tool 2019. So the app is just hidden for us by the store…

2 Likes

I was asking about the new for pc window :sunglasses:

That is also new. Version is 1.00 now. Just go to purchased files and download any Version.

1 Like

Ok thank you

I bought it as platinium license but with Windows XP (ok I know…) it says Dwmapi.dll is missing. :disappointed_relieved: New VESC tool 2019 doesn’t mix with Mac OS, iOS, android 5 and Windows XP. That’s only what I have. :sob:

Windows XP is like 18 years old. Can you install Ubuntu 18 on that machine? Is it fast enough?

2 Likes

Ok maybe i’ll install ubuntu on my mac, or just wait someone makes a mac version for the new vesc tool. Thanks!

1 Like

Should work on WIN 7 and later. BLE connection on Windows should work now. It is cross compiled now.

1 Like

It does. I use dirtcheap modules, (like 3 euro), had to add a decoupling cap tho. Else operation was abit unstable.

1 Like

Can you tell more link

The dirt cheap modules aren’t worth the bugginess. Just buy a @JLabs one and save yourself all the heartache and buying it twice

I have a pile of cheap ones that are dog shit.

2 Likes

The problem will be to get the FW updated, since you can’t just plug in a ST-Link and upload FW to the NRF module. We have decided to drop the remote compatible FW already onto the modules we sell. This way they are future proof.