About Ronin trucks

If this is in reference to no builds using Liquid Fyres, then you’re wrong. There’s one build using them out there :smile:.

Links man, links

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6358?u=scrapheap

Hopefully the link above shows up like it should.

1 Like

Works fine. Any chance you got a build log we can stare at?

@Namasaki has a build using liquid fire trucks too. I’m pretty sure there more. Some people just don’t post build threads (@Sender, don’t make me tell your mom).

:smile:

2 Likes

Love the looks of these trucks.

1 Like

Last I checked he has Liquid Precisions, but they’re basically the same thing. Great trucks and @Namasaki is the one who helped me get mine. I like them more than my pair of old school cast Ronins. I hope ABEC opens up orders for them again…

I remember when some people talked about using these trucks, they drew criticism for spending that much on a pair of trucks, so I think you’re right…most likely there are more builds with them but no one wants to post them.

I don’t know if I will ever do one…I started several drafts and after looking at the build, it looks like a real bad job :smile:.

1 Like

I think it looks interesting though I can’t see myself riding something that size given how accustomed I’ve become with longer decks.

Still would be nice to see these kinds of trucks!

Very funny… lol.

1 Like

I am using Liquid Precision Trucks but not the Fire version. Mine are the same except for the extra support plate/pin.

They use a ball pivot which makes them feel looser than trucks with a barrel pivot.

Although, I would imagine that the Fire Truck version is more stable than what I have.

1 Like

Thanks guys for all your input. @scrapheap it’s not a build thread so I didn’t remember that. Besides like I wrote before I came up wit similar idea not knowing that there’s already such a thing on the market. Cool board :slight_smile: So your experience is good with those trucks? In what way they are better than trucks without this supporting part?

I’ve only had experience with Ronins, Liquids, and Ventures, so I can’t give a fair comparison. I can only give my personal opinion and experiences on why I like the Fyres more than Cast Ronins.

Both trucks are quite stable, but the Fyres feel more lively to me. Cast Ronins felt sort of robotic to me and I didn’t have much fun carving with them as I did the Fyres. And Ronins weren’t really designed for decks with really short wheelbases…so that also had an effect, since I had planned this build as a mini build. That and the added hangar length of the Fyres help add a little more stability on a short deck vs the Ronins.

Both are really good trucks though, but adjusting bushings, washers, and baseplate angles have an impact on the stability and feel of the ride too! (big thanks to @alphamail for helping me out with split-angle washer adjustments!).

Only frustrating part is that no one makes truck mounts for the Liquids (because they aren’t common), so you have to buy whatever is on the market and modify them to work, if you don’t resort to making one yourself. I had to use a buttload of sugru + silicone to get Etoxx’s Ronin mounts to work, and @Namasaki filed Torqueboards’ mounts a little bit to work for him.

3 Likes

The TB mounts fit really well on the Liquid trucks with a little filing. Basically just had to file the corner square in the rings.

2 Likes

Anyone happen to have the Ronin OEM bumpstop bushings and be willing to sell? fruitpunches or any others.