3D Printed Hub for 6inch pneumatics on caliber trucks

I would really like to use these hubs, but I dont have access to a 3d printer. Anyone in Europe interested in printing these for me for a fair price? :grinning:

Where are you located?

I live in TrollhƤttan, Sweden.

Iā€™m using ABS on front wheels, with Maxids design, and PETG for the back ones with ptowncruisers design. Both are fine. Thereā€™s no point printing in exotic carbon filament when considering the materials suitability, however iā€™d say it can look better.

Had my first flat tyre yesterday whilst off-roading down some dirt and gravel tracks, managed to limp back home with no damage to the hub or pulley. Think I need to print some hot-swappable spare wheelsā€¦

1 Like

@DavidBanner might be able to help you out with this?

its over 90 hours print time for a set of 4 hubs, even at Ā£2 an hour that is going to be too expensive

1 Like

I got a big problem with these hubs. I have tried 6 prints now. But i can not seem to get them to stop wobbling when using with the bearings. Its like they are always crooked. What do wrong?

Probably your printer settings, you may have some warping on your prints.

Do a test print with a few basic shapes like cubes, cylinders, see if they are geometrically correct. If you are using a delta and its set up wrong your circles become ellipsoids, squares become rhombuses etc.

By the way, anyone tried printing a hub in PLA? If so, what infil did you try? Or fully solid?

I have bo ABS, and wondering if its worth to try and waste a bunch of PLA. Id print a single hub for an 8in tire for starters.

I will test thanks.

Anyway do a test with PLA, can it hold say 25KG while roling on say concrete then i think its good enough

@ptowncruiser What is the fit for the bearings? It seems to be a slipfit when I tried inserting bearings and ended up using some loctite retaining compound to secure it.

What would be the diameter of hub and outer ring on a 8 inch(200x50) tire? Having a hard time finding out the dimensions

man I just got a wheel with tyre and kinda emulated the hub that was on already, couldnt use that without very much effort, so i designed and printed a replacement hub.

My outer rings are 115mm and the hub itself if (im pretty sure) 100mm, BUT it was like 2mm too big diameter wise, so fitting the tyre was a bitch.

edit: yes mine is also 200x50, but I do not know if there is a ā€œrigid standardā€ for the dimensions of these thingsā€¦ mine was made in taiwan if that helps :smiley: really just measure the tyre you have, the inner diameter and then you just look for approx how much the thick (flat-ish) rim extends away from the inner edge, you know the one.

Okey good info thanks! I guess Iā€™ll start printing and testing some different dimensions

@Maxid think u could make this to accommodate letā€™s say the harbor freight 8" tires? I plan to use them with Surfrodz and a 100mm axle bolt

whatā€™s the point? this was meant to get hubs that fit standard skate trucks and I doubt you can fit 8" tires on a skate truck without wheelbite. As soon as you have wider axles you can just get proper hubs like trampas.

ill have 350mm of space lolā€¦ I have 200mm hangers with 100mm shoulder bolts and 25mm goes into the truck

See above:

But I have a printer and a kilo of petgā€¦ Lol xD

1 Like

go nuts and design them then. I donā€™t see the point. Itā€™s a lot of work and I am not gonna use it.