3D Printed Enclosures - Inspiration Thread

Inner hub is PLA, the tread is TPU, grips great actually, no slips while I’m on it yet.

1 Like

Was wondering when diy tpu wheels would get done, tpu is expensive but not as expensive as real abecs or I guess what you have made gummies

The battery looks like it would hit off stuff?

Anyways nice work are you sharing designs?

Ziro3D TPU on amazon is pretty much the same price as hatchbox PLA. Battery clearance I’ve had no issues, I’m not sure if I’ll share the battery case design just because of how specific it is, most people want “skinny” battery packs and such. The wheels I’m planning on releasing and making an etsy listing for a few of them once I ace the design, I’ve got some degradation on the V1 treads that might be a deal breaker for most, could indicate a concept-level issue, could just be a simple fix, will know more over the winter.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone has a stl file for an enclosure that would fit a 10s4p 18560 battery that is 160mm by 340-345mm with a bms on top. I had thought about doing one solid enclosure but I had planned on doing some woodburning on the bottom so I feel like a split enclosure would work. I’ll be using 2 focboxes and will have a percentage display the charge port with my a 2.1 port and will have a loop key antispark.

How do you like those wheels?

Nice! 10s or 12s li-ion?

12s4p li_ion

1 Like

What are the dimensions of that enclosure?

How can I get the same one ? Looks awesome

will you be sharing this?

Enclosure for diyeboard 5p battery. Can also be used with a 4p with BMS if you stack them in a certain way.

63f00f825afc4b14a1ed9f97d2c6ecd3dc2dee84_1_375x500cbabd4e59987d8e47c604df0572f7db30e107700_1_375x500d5630bdd77941e62069864fec7fdbfb12410fba4_1_375x500

Yea ill share it once I confirm it will fit a 12s4p, bms and antispark.

1 Like

Anyone now if 100% infill of really thick copolyester would be strong enough as an enclosure for my batteries??

all your enclosure should be holding is itself

1 Like

I know but I mean will it break if i hit a rock or a curb? I’d it strong and durable?

don’t hit a curb

4 Likes

Greco is on fire lately… I should send someones mum… tenor

7 Likes

depends on what copolyester you have… Here you´ll find a comparision chart about toughness of their materials:

Housing has received an ABS dip and will now be sanded and sprayed

3 Likes

Thanks guys