3D Printed Enclosures - Inspiration Thread

Printed in Vertigo

3 Likes

How do these look so smooth?

What direction did you print that cover and with or without raft?

Can someone share their STL files? I am in need of an enclosure for my modified Koowheel. Need a battery housing, the dimension of the pack is 4.2cm thick, 11cm wide and 32cm long. Seems like okp’s design might work. I have no idea how to model something in 3D.

I’m working on something similar to those dimensions, but it’s not yet ready. How soon do you need it? For easy 3d modeling, try Tinkercad. Simple tools, but very easy to learn.

Hey man, sounds great. I’ll definitely check it out when you’re finished with it. I can wait but sooner better than later, I took apart 2 battery packs from the board to combine them into one and put them inside an enclosure so I’m out of riding until I can find one. Have heard of tinkercad, will check it out as well.

I’ll try, I haven’t had much time in the last week. My battery is a 10s5p so it’s about 45cm long, 14 wide and 3.5 tall. My enclosure will be about 60cm long so I can fit a pair of FOCboxes and some other stuff in there too. Do you have a 3d printer? Keep in mind that you’ll likely need to make the enclosure in two or three parts, so you can fit it on the printer bed.

Yep I have a 3D printer with a standard 20cm x 20cm print bed and this would be the largest part I’ll be printing out so far so I’ll be having to learn how to slice it in parts. I have been using Simplify3D and it seems to make the slicing easy enough to do. Now I need to start measuring everything so that’s probably why I need to start using tinkercad or Fusion360 to make modifications if needed.

Personally I prefer to make a few parts rather than trying to slice half of the model. I’ve heard of Simplify3d, never used it though. I use Slic3r for printer settings and Repetier-host for the actual slicing and printing (the programs can talk to each other). I use Solidworks for design work, Tinkercad and Onshape if I’m away from my computer.

Any change you PM me .STL or a .PART files?

Can I please get the stl files? This is literally what I need for my build.

Do you still have the .STL for this?

@okp just share the files on thingiverse at this point

1 Like

Hey guys, for sure. I’ll do it when I come back from my kitesurfing trip in Brazil ! I just need to find it on my computer.

1 Like

Here’s my current setup, took a while and a few tries, but it worked out in the end. No issues so far except the charging xt-60 fell out from its hot glue mount. The pieces are all locked together with stainless steel pushrods, no glue. Fits this battery: https://www.ebay.com/i/192236835350?chn=ps

3 Likes

More current picture

2 Likes

Dang, how tall is that riser? 5 inches?1 haha,1 great work!

2 Likes

68mm, wheels are 5 inches 3D printed.

how is the grip on the 3d printed wheels? I imagine they are slippery as hell. Also, what plastic did you use for it?

7 Likes