2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Don’t feel stupid.There’s been snow in Vegas before.

5 Likes

RipTide Sports would definitely be interested in getting involved with this! We make bushings, FootStops and other accessories for a wide variety of skate disciplines.

11 Likes

What dates are we looking at for this convention? Nows the time to buy tickets for those of us flying.

I’ll be driving though

12 Likes

I will be in Vegas all next week with @Michaelinvegas so will torture him for details lol. Planning on a few sesh with him and Eric, maybe find out if the Riptide R1 is as good as Shredlights!

8 Likes

April 5-8 was the last dates I heard as final.

Please let us know how the R1 is, me has to be knowin’ yo

Can you kick it up and grab it without bending down? Can you walk into a grocery store door, kick the board up and flip it into a shopping cart all in one motion? Will it push out the Metroboard Short as the king of grocery runs?

1 Like

Yes + Yes = Yes

R1 is nice. Stay off that kicktail when you start for that first ride!

Is this still a thing? nothing happened in this thread for 6 months and esk8squad.com is still dead. April is around the corner?

2 Likes

life happens in those 6 months…

2 Likes

I wasn’t criticising… just asking

1 Like

New here, but adding 4/6/18 to my calendar.

Vegas has an incredible public skateboard park as a bonus!

If we get some concrete dates I’ll definitely be there, prolly bring my kid too. I’ll need to ship at a minimum batteries, probably the entire board (or 2 boards), if anyone out there can help a brother out.

3 Likes

you can probably arrange sending it to your hotel ahead of your arrival.

1 Like

Spring or late fall would definitely be best temperature wise. There is a great paved trail that runs from Bootleg Canyon to the lake that I have skated but not esk8’d that would be amazing to ride up or down or both

1 Like

Really hoping I can make it, no idea honestly. If work doesn’t get me the costs of international flights might. And the batteries…oh, the batteries… Seriously though, what happened with the idea to have some kind of on-site battery rental for the convention? Is that still a possibility? That would make things so much easier for a lot of people!

3 Likes

I’m (family) probably going to drive to Vegas if this thing happens so I can take delivery of your batteries or boards if comes to that. Hit me up when dates are set so I can confirm with the ball and chain.

5 Likes

Will do, thanks brother.

1 Like

Just sent Raptor2 Fedex ground 3-4 business days and no planes :airplane: lol. $9.13 from nyc to Vegas Hotel (for convention should be @Michaelinvegas house) lol. $14.12 back from Vegas to nyc. Not sure why the extra $5 on return but most economic for 30 lb box (I kept the raptor 2 box it came in)!

1 Like

Damn! only cost $10-$15 to ship across the US?!?!?

I’m thinking about selling my almost new OneWheel Plus, but thought shipping would be around $50

Also @Michaelinvegas is going to be drowning in boards when the time comes hahaha

1 Like