2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Boosted… not joking

1 Like

@DynamicLabs maybe we should talk

1 Like

And for those vendors looking at this thread and are on the fence…No pressure…but this is very typical response I’ve been getting …Again we want this all inclusive… so if you are in the esk8 world… jump on board …you have a lot to add and gain

(I chopped off the bottom cause Dave’s personal info is at the bottom)

8 Likes

what about @AdaptProducts ? They have a somewhat niche product that’s not entirely e-skate and more e-scooter but besides method of steering, it’s basically the same

1 Like

Getting some great traction brother! this is a very good sign!

I think some needed to see how real this is :+1:t2:

Thanks @onloop

@Mikenopolis the possibility are huge… @AdaptProducts is of course welcome

As @onloop and Dave at inboard mentioned there are other companies that could participate in their own way…

So…if any of you have a special relationship with anyone skateboard related and you think they would benefit from coming…reach out to them for me and report back here.

I don’t have any marketing materials at the moment for you to share, only the idea for the moment. Pretty much this thread is the document.

It will take a little time to get things down in a format that is presentable. But it will come.

Next week I’ll be meeting with a buddy of mine and seeing if I can enlist his help. He’s currently on CBS radio locally and has had a local tv show. I’ve done events with him in the past, but he know nothing abt esk8…but he also has a lot of connections with businesses and stars … we shall see

1 Like

So, I’ve thought abt it…I will need to charge a small fee to outsiders to be able to demo boards…

So, it will be wrist bands to ride…I don’t want to do badges…I can just see them flying away as you blast down the straight away…

Stuff like that makes sense and is going to be needed to financially support this event. Otherwise it will never happen, or it will happen once lol.

NONE of us should be able to attend for free. I think something like a $20-$25 admission fee should be okay as long as there are good vendors, entertainment and potentially basic swag like stickers.

3 Likes

Lol yeah that’s a given … but I was only referring to people off the street type thing…we will have a big push to locals to get numbers and the social media exposure we want when it’s here…and that will happen in any city it will be held at …but I just don’t want people just wandering up and taking a ride…basically I want it free to look, but cost to ride. It puts a little skin in the game for these folks.

For you guys …yes there will be a cost and it will be a tiered cost …but that because I’ll have various convention type packages that include stuff…cool stuff that you can use before, during and after the convention…yeah there’s gonna be a tshirt … but I’m thinking out of the box…I want to definitely add value when you pay for something…and have cool stuff so it make you wonder what ideas I have…

So, if there is a cost, I will make sure you get something in return and not just access to the event.

As for racing, there will be some sort of fee per event. That will help offset the cost of equipment, trophies :trophy: and man power…and if we are lucky prizes.

As for contests, not sure…I’m hoping that a sponsor will come in and offer a complete board or equipment…that would be sweet.

Relevant? I think so

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/modular-battery-pack-10s4p-travel-safe/19700?u=michaelinvegas

8 Likes

Prototypes

8 Likes

I’m digging the creativity, and i like the first design. The wheels in the number 8 looks pretty cool.

The second design isn’t bad, but at first glance, I see SEX (SEK) and guns (crossed boards). Anybody else see that, or do I just have issues?

1 Like

Sex sells

2 Likes

GUN also for the people in the states…

This is the area at unlv that I was speaking of…notice…very few light poles in the parking lot if any

Looks pretty good eh @DynamicLabs

1 Like

Yes, it looks like traded old dildo logo for rifles lol

2 Likes

International brotherhood of electric skateboarders

Like this one for the t-shirt

4 Likes