2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

What about an ESK8 squad and ESK8 builders repost off? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I already won @lox897 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hahaha. That Jack Antler joke was pretty good, you gotta admit

And you just exposed yourself

I’ll bring you some genuine meatballs from Sweden if I’m showing up. Not the crappy IKEA ones.

5 Likes

@Michaelinvegas: Faraday Motion has some interesting stuff developing. Maybe they wanna show up?

http://www.faradaymotion.com/hyperboard/

If you can find a venue with a little of both, that would be ideal. The Orlando fairgrounds has outside areas, inside areas, and partially covered areas. It made Maker Faire a much better experience i think. It didn’t have quite enough pavement though. But something like that would be great.

And just for you @lox897

Jack Antler is in Boom Chaka Lackaaaaa!!

1 Like

I love the idea of this convention! You are absolutely right in saying that that we need a united front. I think that an event like this will be crucial to growing the popularity of Esk8s.

I’ve been starting to lay the groundwork for an event series for people to ride their Eskates around a temporary road course. Safety is my number one concern. The courses would be marked with thin plastic bars about the size of a ruler, so there is less risk of eating pavement if you go off course or hit a marker. It is also going to be a time trial event to prevent any accidents and injuries that may result from wheel to wheel racing. I’ve begun drafting the rule book, looked into timing systems, gotten lawyers on the liability waivers, etc.

You seem to have a few good options for the race portion of the convention, but if you are interested I would love to set up a road course there!

One more for you @lox897

Boosted is in

boom :boom: Mic :microphone: drop

7 Likes

Classic, by sheer will of @Michaelinvegas so that he can seat them next to @lox897 lol!!

Boom. eSk8 drop. !!

1 Like

Don’t forget you need a fence and or bales of straw to stop runaway boards or riders from hurting the spectators. Plus some fire extinguishers rated for electrical fires.

Hahaha lol

I’m only kiddin @lox897

I love that kid

Yeah, the insurance wants the entire dynamic area fenced off and the track a safe distance away from the fencing. I am planning on using snow fencing if they allow it as its cheap and lightweight. If they are going to require metal crowd control barriers or actual fences the cost is going to sky rocket…

We would have to be a shared cost on that @DynamicLabs between sponsors

@Michaelinvegas I hope this just help boost the event… :wink:

Lol @JohnnyMeduse you are very punny lol

I’m talking with my buddy that has done stuff like this, and will meet with him abt the convention idea

I’ll bring all the equipment we’ll need, and help make sure all the paper work is in place to cover our butts. Just list my event series as a sponsor and I’ll be happy. I will need help finding the man power to run the race though… timing and scoring, course workers, etc.

I’m very loveable. Super hyped Boosted’s in, hopefully Sanjay can be there. Wait, are they in or were you joking?