$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

you’re using 260mm belt right? What’s your pulley teeth count? I have 250mm belt with 15:35 gearing not sure if that’ll fit this mount.

“Cheap” and “Good” are usually mutually exclusive; great work @Boardnamics these look amazing

3 Likes

yeah I’m using 260mm belts with a 35 to 13 gear ratio

Oops I actually use the same gear ratio as you, 13:35 not 15:35. Good to know :smile:

Hey there! I ordered on the 6th … Any idea when my order will ship!? Was hoping to get it before the holidays. Cheers.

I ordered on Nov 24, but USPS tracking showed that they haven’t received the order yet…

Soon…I promise.IMG_20181219_183205915

I do them in big batches and this one’s done.

3 Likes

Hey so I seen you now chamfer the edges on these. Will orders in this batch get this?

Yup, all those are latest and greatest. Clamp doesn’t have chamfer yet though

1 Like

Any chance of adding 2 holes by the motor area to run cross bars?

1 Like

I can but if I don’t sell crossbars then I don’t see the value

The value is other people buying your product for the added feature. Since you are selling to a diy community, they can make their own rods.

I would buy a pair for sure.

3 Likes

True dat :wink:

1 Like

Make holes that double as pulley cover and cross 5 is needed :wink:

1 Like

Cant wait to try these mounts out, the previous DIYE 5mm thick plates I used here had bent after 20 miles! I will try and move the pinion closer to the mount this time. photo WhatsApp Image 2018-12-15 at 9.19.25 PM 1.jpeg

1 Like

Got around 20 orders out last night. They should all arrive by Monday except for international.

I am off school now so I can actually get stuff done quickly. Pulley covers are coming!

Also, I could make crossbars but how long should they be? Surely they can’t be fixed because the spacing isn’t the same for everyone. Maybe some kind of nut and screw design?

2 Likes

just got a video done making a drivetrain using these mounts check it out here-

2 Likes

It’s interesting to see my own product being assembled, never seen it before haha.

Makes me want to do an installation video myself. There is a certain tightening order with the clamp pieces that works best. In the video, I couldn’t tell if u tightened the 4 smaller screws all the way. Ideally they should be lightly snugged up so that way the big 2 bolts can move the pieces together to clamp the truck. Then after it’s all done you tighten the 4 small screws to lock it in place

I’ll make a little installation manual over my school break :slight_smile:

I sorta figured that out when playing around with them - once you tighten the 2 big bolts down you cant really move the plate as it clamps it in between the 4 small bolts.

Yeah it’s a bit weird. I oversized all the holes to combat this. Its a good idea to snug up the 4 screws first because then the clamp pieces sit flush with the arm.

Maybe I’m overthinking it. Tighten the bolts and it ain’t going nowhere :slight_smile: