$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

Fuq! My motors arrived today. I lost my patience :sweat_smile: Can you add some holes so I can add a pulley cover later on?

Waiting patiently on mine :grin: thanks for the affordable mounts!

1 Like

IMG_20181212_222016 good lookin out, kevin! :star_struck::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

IMG_20181212_221904917 Making progress

6 Likes

trying to figure out what belts I will need. Going to be running 36t wheel pulley and 16t motor pulley. I tried to do some searching. Whatā€™s the best way to figure this out?

I run simulations on a program from Gates to find the right belts. The 320mm I include would work great for that ratio

Didnā€™t even know you included belts! Nice, looking forward to getting the mounts. What size width are they?

Use this, he has the center distance at 70mm Ā± 8 which Iassume means you can adjust it that much https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

I never accounted for an idler so that link getā€™s thrown out the window if youā€™re using one.

1 Like

12mm. Some people swear by 15mm but 12mm works just fine especially with an idler

Ah I am going to be using standard caliber II trucks so the wheel pulleys I 3D printed today are 9mm. Hmm.

Iā€™m planing on using dual 6355 with 15mm belts on e-calibers. I was told this would work fine on another thread. Regular calibers Iā€™m not sure. I am gonna be using bolt on pulleys so that probs helps.

1 Like

This says i would be good with 275mm length belts hmm :thinking:

Because it doesnā€™t include idlers into the mix which take more belt length. Both the idler and non idler would work though

Oh I ordered the non idler version so I guess 275 would be more accurate for me maybe :slight_smile: canā€™t wait to get them! Cheers

Yay! Made a fixture and can now mill both sides. This means there is now a chamfer on all edges so they are super smooth and shiny!

JPEG_20181216_223926 JPEG_20181216_222607

12 Likes

wow nice. Does that thing look like the ā€œdiamond cutā€ like this? image

Yep. Really adds to the look. Itā€™s way nicer in person. This also makes my job easier cause I no longer file them by hand.

3 Likes

Damn these are clean looking.
I want to take the surf rod trucks I put on my Riptide and use them for my upcoming Redember deck. Thinking Iā€™ll go with some calibers on the riptide since its a budget board. Mounts look perfect. Works with 50xx motors too?

1 Like

Yeah the idler version and non idler work with 50mm motors. Still have to make a fixture for the 50mm arm (without idler) for chamfer

1 Like