$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

Cutting the first prototype tomorrow.

2 Likes

you never sleep :rofl::joy:

1 Like

I am now…its only 1 in the morning!

1 Like

Matrix II mount done. Everything is as expected. Photos of the raw prototype: IMG_20190420_165853399 IMG_20190420_165959740

This thing is BEEFY. Seriously…the motor plate is 8mm thick, clamp 12.7mm. maybe overkill but it’s very strong! I like it

11 Likes

This is awesome :heart:

No such thing as “too strong”

6 Likes

gib

Also, do you plan on making an idler version?

How do you fit the motor pulleys with a thick plate like that? Will it have to hang partly unsupported over the end of the motor shaft a bit so it does not hit the plate?

1 Like

That’s for the guinea pig to figure out ;).

It is 2mm thicker than my standard mounts so that shouldn’t pose a serious problem.

1 Like

Idler maybe. I am not familiar with mountain board setups so I need to get a mock build going before I can design for that. The idler has to clear the wheel.

1 Like

What Janux does is the idler is machined out of aluminum and rides on a bearing; it’s machined in such a way such that the bolt head is completely recessed into the idler. What I don’t like about it is that there’s no bearing between the idler and the mount, though.

I envisioned a good idler as, similar to how Janux did it, but also is recessed on the other side to ride up on a second bearing that sits between it and the motor mount.

1 Like

Come play Apex

:joy: No man we gotta do our homework, I got a 45% in calculus right now! @ARetardedPillow

1 Like

Hah loser I’ve got a 23% in calculus :sweat_smile: You wanna help me with my homework? :wink:

I got a 2/100 on my last test lmao

1 Like

I aced calculus, let me do ur homework so I can get my mountainboard mounts faster :P.

3 Likes

Hey I’m down, lets do this. @Gamer43

1 Like

send homeworks

(and motor mounts)

pl0x

2 Likes

Yes, it’s not going to be a problem I was just wondering if you solved this somehow as I experienced this myself. Some of the maytech motors have so short axles and I like having a circlip to secure the motor pulley. Better to get motors with longer shafts I guess.

1 Like

Yea that is what I would do. I am more worried about idler placement more than anything. I am working it out rn.

1 Like

What belts should I get for a 18/36 ratio and your mounts?