$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

@barajabali Welp I just checked the CAD and well…I messed up :neutral_face: So the bar works for the 63mm and 50mm but for the idler there is 1mm too little space to run any diameter of crossbar when running a 63mm motor.

The solution for this is to remove the last bit where the hole is. edc20e1d29f62ba195c1d7f18d32bb06

Very sorry I let this happen :frowning:

1 Like

Ah it’s okay no worries I can still make it work somehow. I’m glad I’m not crazy though lol I thought I was loosing it

It’s an easy enough mod anyhow

Wouldn’t it still work with an SK3 since it’s 60mm diameter instead of 63mm?

1 Like

So, when can we expect the world’s best mountainboard mounts to hit the market? :p.

3 Likes

@Boardnamics. I have to say I love your amounts. I have 2 boards and I switched all my boards to your mounts.

I have a question for you. I noted that you use the halves style motor mounts. I guess the advantage of this kind of mount is it is easier to mount it the the truck and it provide a secure connection to the hanger. But I notice a little problem with halves style mount, which is the bottom bolt sits too low and it often hits objects on the ground. I remember you used to use “G” shape mounts. Why did you change the design? Would you make “G” style mounts again? Screenshot_20190418_021538

2 Likes

pulley cover files please sir :eyes:

2 Likes

2 Piece clamps harder and is easier to modify for slight irregularities (such as TB218). The instructions show how the bolts should be orientated. The point you labeled lowest should be pointing at the board, not the ground.

1 Like

I will get some aluminum prototypes going. Have to source new thickness of material. Been testing new endmills and bought a vise so I can make pulleys so that has sucked up some time.

4 Likes

I’ve bought one of your mounts and I love it, would it be possible to get 2 black ones? I’ve been waiting for the listing to buy but it hasnt come up yet, any eta? Also Anyway to modify the mounts to fit tb218 or should i just file my trucks?

2 Likes

We took the photos and are editing them to make the listing on amazon and the site. For now though you can shoot me a PM because they’re ready to go right now. The beautiful pile of mounts is sitting here waiting :smiley:

TB218 requires 1mm to be filed off the top of the arch of either the truck or the mount.

2 Likes

1555712977306232504436 Stock ready. Tried making a pulley and it didn’t go so well. I might outsource them. Decisions decisions.

Cutting the matrix II mount right now

5 Likes

I just got these finished today with Cerakote, we’ll see how they hold up!

20190419_161302

12 Likes

Y’all don’t have the privilege of an early adopter like me :joy:

1 Like

@boardnamics will you be making mounts for these generic mtb trucks at any point?

They are fantastic trucks for the price but the mounts are garbage for high torque builds. These are the same ones someone modified your old mounts to fit.

Diyeboard sells clamp mounts for them, but they are thin and seem a bit to weak

http://www.diyeboard.com/all-terrian-motor-mounts-for-dual-belt-motors-p-711.html

If I get sent one I can see what I can do.

Bearing pulley design is almost done: 54cf1d36992a86515e2d6e88d7d6774a e22702a2b1eabebbb51ef44647eac6ba

2 Likes

Funny you say that, because at one point in time I actually had the first @Boardnamics mount. Serial number one from Kevin’s first board :rofl:

6 Likes

Wow…you’re right I remember that :smiley:

5 Likes

Oof. I should’ve said one of the first early adopters :sweat_smile:

1 Like

any development for the mountainboard motors mounts

1 Like