105mm airless tire hub motor

i am still hoping to see a skullboard wheel with abec core

2 Likes

I see now Diyeboard also sells the airless hubs now…

2 Likes

Here you go: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0V2Lqrh010LyNBEvNXUkYG3XQ

2 Likes

skuzzy skeme 4 skrilla @Skullboards

@DIYeboard straight plagiarized this line when they put this on their site… lol.

I’ll post screenshot from my phone since they blocked me on this computer (403 forbidden).

2 Likes

ROFL!!! :rofl: Does that mean they now owe me a commission from every sale? Hahaha

1 Like

I will probably get some tyre rubber, some strong rubber glue and fill in the treads. Hopefully I can get rid of annoying vibrations that way.

2 Likes

Hey there @mishrasubhransu , you are having major vibration issues as well? Do you have any video footage of it you can share? It would be nice to hear a comparison of what you are experiencing.

They also copied pictures and text from @SKULLBOARD website. Quick and sneaky way to make a listing.

1 Like

@SKULLBOARD do you guys plan to make the same wheel with an abec/kegel core? Just the wheels, not talking about the hub motors ect. Just your normal wheel. If not would be good to know, so i can start my pneumatic setup.

I think you can get away with some screws and abs pulleys. No?

They responded to me with a no. They won’t be designing them since the airless tire is patented apparently and the guy won’t or have no desire to do it. Shame really :pensive: Search continues…

1 Like

ty for the info…well looks like i will go pneumatic then

After riding for a couple weeks everyday, I think it’s possible if you just cruise below 15mph. But, my feet don’t go numb. It could be commuting 2 years made me more immune to numbing or my usual speed. I’ll try to video sometime this week.

BTW, for anyone interested in my FOCBOX settings, I think I am settling at these numbers.

Motor Max: 30A Motor Min: -30A Battery Max: 30A Battery Min: -15A

I upgraded FOCBOX firmware to 3.1 from 2.14 and started using Akimaniac tool and saw noticeable improvement in accel curve. Some other numbers like higher motor max caused some glitches in control.

3 Likes

For a nice review:

5 Likes

they were so close to greatness^^ but that is doable

So do the wheels fit on regular (Caliber) trucks? Has anyone tried if Abec or Kegel pulleys are even close to be mounted on these wheels?

I’m thinking of giving them a go and either 3D print a suitable pulley or just an adapter for an aluminium pulley.

Dunno about that. I think they do, but what i posted above IS from another company. But i think it is Well possible to make a Kegel pulley fit

Sorry I was talking about the Skullboard wheels. Did not notice your video was about another product.

Since this is the second type i See i think this will be a new “Trend”