105mm airless tire hub motor

Dont want to read 300 messages. Are the airless hubs good or not ?? :slight_smile:

Depends :). With their ESC they are a bit underpowered. With Vescs they need some fine tuning but they work decently :wink:

Is motor heat under control with 60/-60?

My battery max is 30. So it’s just to improve the cogs (right @Hummie?). With this setup they get hot on step build but I can still hold my hand on them

1 Like

motors getting hot I assume you mean. in my experience with hub motors the high motor amps make it smoother and can start from a stop without sensors. and low speed torque. but your motor has maybe double the poles of what I use so different. but im talking about the motor amps up high. that works well for what I listed above.

Ok, got the @Ackmaniac fw installed and I’ve almost no cogs! Fantastic! It’s smoother and Ive to get used especially going full throttle. However I’ve still big problems with brakes. Under 5mph they either no brake or block :frowning: this is very annoying especially when you’re downhill. Any idea how I can solve this remaining issue?

1 Like

Can anyone please share some video footage of Skullboard wheels running on clean asphalt? I need to hear what it a good smooth set sounds like, Skullboard is claiming that my vibration issues are “normal” … I find it really hard to believe that THIS amount of vibration is normal. The whole skullboard campaign was advertised as “extremely durable, REDUCED VIBRATION, and anti-slip!” haha ! Anyone have footage they can post? I want to give Skullboard a fair chance to fix my issue and replace my defective wheels before I go sharing footage of my vibration problems.

1 Like

It might not make you happy, but the vibration issue at slower speed less than like 15mph is bigger than I first noticed. It’s loud and rough until the speed reaches past 15 or so. Skullboard needs to release wheels without the tread pattern. It’s not really necessary on a round profile wheel and causes unwanted vibrations and noise. However, the grip stays strong the best part about these wheels.

1 Like

Ok so when you’re cruisin NOT at max speed, do your feet go numb like mine??

1 Like

I would imagine it’s possible if you’re just cruising b/w 10-15mph. I usually just go top speed for my commute and most of the time it doesn’t bother me, but when I slow down I can notice the vibration is pretty strong and loud.

1 Like

I was wondering when it would have been happened http://www.diyeboard.com/10568mm-airless-all-terrain-wheels-dual-hub-motor-truck-kit-p-693.html?zenid=8610q2i15hdu8ag5m64hq1qrd0

they even used pictures from the thread. I am wondering if they asked the permission first @thiswasandy @topcloud

2 Likes

omg not these aholes again… maybe they are connected…if so i would take a big fking step back

1 Like

I’m really annoyed. Looks like @diyeboard was suspended until 3018 lol. Dunno if that’s a typo by the mods.

They put it as “Customers’ DIY photos”… fuck that, I’m not a customer of theirs.

1 Like

I thought so that’s way I mentioned.

2 Likes

Most of the esk8 parts are made form the same company and they are reseller as skullboard. I don’t think they are connected, the guys from skullboard are western guys probably at their first experience https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC24Fk1CbQnfGEv9AWOP1d8g. Well I now see that @SKULLBOARD has asian name, no I can be wrong. It’s a matter of time and we will see verreal ecc… using these hubs too. @SKULLBOARD if you didn’t know about it and you have a contract with that factory, well better you check what is going on. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, we are not connected, they are using our pictures too.:unamused:

6 Likes

I see also the product description in same parts

1 Like

yeah i know that, it all comes down if the reseller implement QC.

1 Like

Thanks my friend, I do appreciate this. I did not know our picture was being used (thanks for all who emailed me) and yes, that is our Skeevo prototype.

I’ve never corresponded with anyone at DIYeboard to my knowledge, yet I am their customer for one of the three batteries we tested in the Skeevo… this is Shenzhen, they’re sharks :slight_smile:

Great update! We’re working with @SKULLBOARD on the hubs and will update with a new review in a few weeks.

After discussing with Min, we’re taking the SkullBoard out to test on:

• Real-world rough pavement and bad streets (not smooth pavement)
  • using an official Boosted Board (OEM Loaded Vanguard) deck
  • with custom, modified Caliber II trucks, Riptide, etc.
  • in 10S2P and 12S2P

Our friendly suggestions to SkullBoard include:

• Check with the hub manufacturer on the tire installation process; in Min’s defense, these tires look like they’re born perfectly balanced - and then, in a second step - the tires look to be mounted on the rim / hub with a heated tool.
  • Save the siping for a proper pneumatic tire. We know from cycle racing that siping and dimples on hard rubber creates road noise in the tire cavity; most high end tires have some kind of cavity noise reducing layer, inside. The advantage of solid wheels (no cavity noise) is totally negated by the siping, which is deforming anyway since the tire is perforated underneath the siping. Good news: new tread was already in path for SkullBoards :cool: and it sounds promising.

I can tell already from my experience with the hubs I have, the ‘winner’ will be 12S2P on the official SkullBoards ESC - presuming I can find a way to properly cool it. Will update when they arrive!

7 Likes

You are welcome :grin: Looking forward for the test and review!

1 Like