105mm airless tire hub motor

But no vibrations Andy?

No vibrations for me. Been using it to commute to work (about 2 miles in Manhattan) and it’s been fine.

1 Like

Similar test rigs!

4 Likes

No vibrations luckily

How is the power for you? I can’t climb 20 incline like before :cry:

1 Like

I can climb only if I’m at speed. Otherwise the torque is weak compared to the Wowgo ESC/hubs.

1 Like

@topcloud did you try them with 10s and Vesc? Do they have better torque? I couldn’t test the because I don’t have a enclosure able to fit both the 10s Sanyo and the to ginormous Vesc 6 :frowning:

1 Like

Are you guys keeping the 9 pin connector or have you switched to bullet connectors? I switched my koowheel motors to bullet connectors, im not sure if its just my imagination but the motors seem to run better with bullet connectors

For now it’s just the Skullboard ESC.

I actually have a couple focboxes but they’re set aside for another project. Maybe I’ll tinker.

I didn’t proceed to try the V/ESCs due to the motor vibration making the board feel legitimately unsafe at times (you can tell from my video), yet I will say that I enjoyed having it floored all the time in mode 2 with a big battery.

I hope they replace our hubs so we can redo this review.

BTW awesome choice using Ryan’s Aileron

Just tried with dual Focbox and it works great! Much improved torque, almost as strong as my Boosted V2 Plus. And, climbed 18% hill with ease, which is comparable to Boosted. Yes, they get hot but it hasn’t caused problems yet. I rode about 10 miles but didn’t test top speed. I was mostly testing brake and overall reliability. I’m playing with different motor/battery parameters. 10s4p 30Q pack BTW.

6 Likes

hmm, interesting. I gotta try again. It could be Ownboard ESC and Wowgo2s ESC are not exactly the same.

1 Like

Hey! Could you share your focbox settings?

Maybe I’ll give this a try too

1 Like

dont forget, if the magnets get hot, the magnetic field is constantly getting weaker and hence you have to pour even more amps into the motor, thats a vicious cycle of heat^^ Could be a reason why these hubs drain your batteries so hard.

2 Likes

Gotta love them VESC! Any improvement on battery? Should be slightly better. And those ownboard escs vs wowgo2s are usually configured differently. Interested hear your experience between all 3 of these test.

1 Like

Same here! How many amps? It seems to me that their ESC is very safe. My hubs don’t get even warm.

1 Like

Really!?! Man, im using a completely stock off the shelf Skullboard s1 - and mine get hot hot hotttttttttt!

well, rider weight and riding conditions have to be similar otherwise you are comparing apple to oranges

GLad to hear that torque issues CAN be solved! Thanks for sharing that! Definitely would love to hear about the focbox setup. When you have a chance, I’d also love to hear your report on battery life with the Focbox setup. With all the increased performance, What is your total run time until you are drained - With mixed terrain/with flat terrain. My stock off the shelf skullboard s1 drains realllllyy fast compared to my wowgo2s in allll the same riding conditions.

1 Like

Totally understand - Just wanted to hear what your personal general mileage and battery burn is like :slight_smile: