105mm airless tire hub motor

I also came from a Wowgo2s setup (using Paris truck up front and baseplate in the rear). Vibration at low speeds is present but more likely due to tread pattern, and I sincerely doubt that’s what’s causing your particular vibration issues! Maybe switch out your front truck to isolate if it’s coming from front or rear for now. Check the tightness of your kingpins and make sure the wheels aren’t torqued on too tight or loose (common with some of the value boards).

I have also experienced the torque loss compared to the Wowgo hubs but didn’t check to see if it was overheating. It just doesn’t “feel” as quick.

2 Likes

I tested the hubs a little today, and in SF they feel a bit underpowered. I suggest for hilly areas to opt for a 12s setup.

@SKULLBOARD the ESC seems very similar to ownboard/wowgo one. They both support 12s batteries. Will your ESC be able to run on 12s without issues?

I checked a few times and the hub was a little warm, so I don’t think the underpower was due to temperature.

2 Likes

In my testing, Wowgo 2S ESC didn’t support 12s setup. Only 10s worked. The only budget board ESC that supported 12s was the early Meepo ESC from what I tried. I don’t know if the latest Meepo ESC supports 12s. Haven’t tried that.

I’ve at home the Ownboard one, which I presume it’s the same. Worked for me.

1 Like

Did you guys have pretty significant noise or vibrations from carving too?

No noise or significant vibrations on my end.

1 Like

Same here 10 chars

1 Like

I’d be surprised if vesc didnt make these perform better. We had the same issue with Pulseboards Echo, when you run a generic esc like ownboard and it is not configured well, the torque is just average and when you run VESC you immediately see a bump In torque and overall performance, even better battery life.

1 Like

Would a swap to VESC while using the same original battery still come with improvements? Would i still be able to use the existing remote and get all the same functionality out of it? Sorrrryy I know nothing about about programming/configuring vescs and such.

1 Like

Some but I’d swap to Sanyo 20700 , Samsung 25r or 30q cells for max upgrades. As long as you can disconnect the remote receiver from the esc you can re-use it with vesc

1 Like

I’m going to try 12s on ESC and Vescs on 10s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

12s on the ownboard esc??

I need to see if it plays nice, it would be perfect for my crusier

Works, however the annoying thing with the ownboard one is that when the battery is fully charged till do a couple of miles the ESC complains (the remote vibrates and brakes the board when not accelerating)

1 Like

The @SKULLBOARD ESC will handle 12S just fine, even full battery the brakes worked, just the controller vibrates at random times right along with the vibrating hubs lol.

1 Like

same result :slight_smile:

watch the heat on it, I had to ‘suspend’ the ESC in the enclosure (it will get super hot)

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll just go with vescs at this point.

1 Like

BTW, this is the baby: KDwsKZDYQNO8Wz7%20wFvMXA

6 Likes

Another update. With their ESC and a Sanyo 10s2p it manage to kill half battery like in less than 4 miles -_-

2 Likes

whaaaa??? crazy!

I killed a Wowgo 2s Sanyo 10s2p battery halfway in 4 miles as well!

1 Like