105mm airless tire hub motor

i dont have this hub motor, just saying, maybe ask the other people here who have bought it and under what conditions they have ridden, so you can get a better picture.

I’m 190 pounds, SF is pretty hilly but chilly (63 now)

1 Like

I’m about 140 in Manhattan, not as hilly but lots of stop and go.

im 178, Dana point. Mostly ride around the flat areas of the major beach parking lots and my condo’s parking lot. Not much stop and go, pretty much continuous cruising and carving in medium speed mode.

Hey, I did 20amps, FOC. However, the vesc 6 can’t detect hall sensors.

So did u attach bullet connectors and remove the 9 pin? How was the battery drain?

Sorry for the wait, my only cable that works was not with me. So, I have motor max 30A motor min -20A batt max 40A batt min -20A I’m not sure this is optimal though. But, it seems to work ok. When braking hard there’s a momentary cogging/slipping in motors. But, braking force is adequate for me. And top speed is around 23mph.

Oh, and I’m currently running BLDC, so it’s loud and there’s the initial cogging.

I just got the front and back trucks kit and using my own deck, battery, and Focbox, so it’ll be hard to compare. I haven’t measure the range but my 10s4p 30Q usually gives me around 11 miles of high speed cruising (20mph). For leisurely cruising at avg speed of 12mph or so it’ll be double that.

What is the expected miles for 10S4P 30Q for belt + urethane setup?

my kit came with the bullet adapters. And I’m not using the hall sensors. Just BLDC. I’ll eventually try the sensors and FOC but it’s usable with BLDC for me so far. And I haven’t been able to measure full battery drain, but I’d assume it’d be similar compared to Wowgo2s ESC, which was 11-20miles depending on how you ride.

In my experience, anywhere between 11-20miles.

Why not use foc without the sensors ? Still smoother acceleration md brakes doesn’t it?

Man those settings are kind of wacky. Are you reporting double values because of dual setup?

What double values?

I’m still a novice with VESC, I’m reading up. So, what would be a balanced numbers? I reduced the motor amp because Skullboard mentioned the motor can handle 20A. My pack can handle 60A discharge 16A charge. I tried to have the numbers at least close. If you have recommendations, let me know.

1 Like

On each vesc Motor max 20A Motor min - 20A Battery max 30A Battery min - 8A :wink:

Although 20A seems a bit low for a motor. Probably is to avoid them to get hot. Try like that if you see that you don’t have problem and you want more power then try to rise the value of motor max

2 Likes

Ok, thank! I 'll try that

Usually motor max is always higher than battery max. So if you try like that maybe start with 20A on battery max too. You will never draw 30A from you battery on each vesc with 20A on motor anyway. If you want to run them in BLDC sensored better to use hybrid mode. If you run them unsensored doesn’t matter at all. With the motor min and batter min you regulate the brakes, but should be already fine with the value I suggested. If you install @ackmaniac firmware you can play with acceleration and brake curves, to really customize the throttle. You can also add a bluetooth module and have telemetry on your phone and change vesc setting through the app. No needs to open the enclosure anymore.

1 Like

You could put a temp sensor on the motor connected to Vesc so shuts off if it gets too hot. What temp is too hot would be good to know, depending on what magnets they use. Then could set motor amps high

Yeh probably those motors are capable of more but being hub motors plus cover with tyre rubber doesn’t help. Would be good to run them higher since they are 105mm and the torque will be affected. Maybe a 12s setup that gives more watt with less amp would do the job.