100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

I don’t know to explain it clearly, but TB pulleys only use bolts to connect the pulley to the wheel, so when tightening them, you have to be very slow/precise (it will take you many tries to align it).

These pulleys already have the pillars (I don’t know how else to call them), so when you inset it into the wheel, it’s already aligned, and the bolts are only there to keep it from falling off the wheel.

I see. I was confused because originally I thought these wouldn’t need the outer bolts. Which is asthetically preferred for me. So I was confused when @Deckoz mentioned bolting up.

But it seem there are no bolts now as I originally hoped:

1 Like

Still curious about the inner bearing. Wondering if it’s an additional bearing or if the pulley seats it’s self where the inner most wheel bearing is normally seated. And wondering if it’s normal skateboard bearing size or if it’s bigger like the boosted pulley.

Just message @JLabs, he will answer all of your questions! He is a super helpful guy : )

1 Like

@JLabs could you provide some insight on my questions?

When I release them I will have full documentation and explanation about how they work

3 Likes

I cant wait to see what the pullies look like bearing insert pulleies you dont need to modify your trucks for is awesome.

In the commet secton chaka then explains that the chemist at Labeda got his degree by working at Wheel formulas.

Black pigment (some of them at least) appear to affect the hemotox formula from BOA

But not all formulas :wink:

1 Like

Don’t get how people took Black Pigment == Wheels Chunking.

DIYE Rebrands like Meepo advise against their Red Wheels, probably because the red pigment and their formula don’t work well together. It’s not something only said by Boa

I got a few 100 miles on my Popcas (Black Labeda wheels) on really rough terrain and they’re totally fine. Had ABECs which chunked.

Either way I’m looking forward to receiving my set of Boas.

Ollin and Boa wheels use different formulas, so whoever assumed black pigment == chunking for all wheels needs to work on their reading comprehension.

3 Likes

Any mention of black pigment being an issue was in relation to our wheels and NOT a general statement about all black wheels. People seem to have misinterpreted this.

2 Likes

It was clear to me i wasnt going to press the issue

Out of curiosity, what do the wheels look like with no pigment? Are they clear? Opaque? Raw hemotox…

1 Like

White :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjO5mZ8A3WW/?taken-by=boawheels

“Introducing the Boa Black Belly ceramic bearings. Featuring a silicon nitride ceramic ball with nano ceramic grease as standard. These bearings are corrosion resistant and are treated to withstand salt and harsh conditions that they will endure over their lifetime. Fully sealed and with inbuilt spacers and speed rings! In stock and available for shipping next week.”

5 Likes

@captainjez how much and where can I order them?

They will be $80 usd. Available next week on boawheels.com.

1 Like

i just choked on my coffee

$80 for the bearings?

8 Likes

Yup. That’s the cost.

1 Like