100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

Colors are a bit off. I will post a few renders tomorrow n8.

4 Likes

that looks really good

2 Likes

Now you are talking.

Dimensions of thane as well as hub could be a bit off. Would need a telecentric photograph of the actual wheel to adjust the dimensions (or a measurement).

image image image image image image image

11 Likes

I have been as hard on the prototypes as possible. There are zero signs of chunking. If these were 97mm Flywheels, they’d be chunked by now for sure. These are very grippy too and just generally a pleasure to ride on.

I’ll also mention there is also an interesting phenomenon where after you ride through water, the inside of the contact patch is dry almost instantly giving you grip while the outside dries off. This happens with SuperFly also, but it’s much more exaggerated with the Constrictors. I never really noticed it on Flywheels.

And with that, here are the Boa Constrictor 100mm wheels after a few hundred miles:

I’ve given every effort to not be nice to them – they’ve been through some broken glass, railroad tracks, and just about every other surface around here.

24 Likes

In terms of comfort, is it as good as Abec11 wheels? Or even better?

It’s a lot better than 97mm flywheels, and about the same as SuperFly unless you hit a street plate then the smaller diameter comes into play.

1 Like

but theyr aot lighter right? should weigh them along with your other collection of wheels

The Constrictors weigh around 434 grams each.

SuperFly are about 528g each

Unfortunately the international charge fee is a bank thing and not something we have control over. We charge directly in USD via Stripe.

Shipping will be starting in the next week or two once our warehouse has received the stock from Labeda and will happen within hours once ordered. Our warehouse is in California.

are ye using labeda too? is yours th same as theyr plush fomula

We use Labeda but we developed the formula with them for our wheels.

Does this color exist or is it just a very good looking render?

thats the 90mm hatchlings theyr selling

And they are available?

1 Like
1 Like

They are Yellow-Yellow in real life, not the yellow greenish as they appear in tha image. The bad thing about that one is the white hub. :face_vomiting:

But according to @captainjez (Jeremy), they already solved the issue and their wheel hubs will come with dark-grey which are a much better improvement.

The final hubs are all dark grey. Wheels are moving to our warehouse in California from Labeda and will begin shipping soon.

4 Likes

@captainjez I remember saw somewhere but couldn’t find, what’s the off set hanger side? I would love to put them in my board, but anything more than a Kegel, 11mm if I’m not mistaken, will not fit

Thanks