100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

The offset is exactly the same as a Kegel. Fits into the Boosted V2 without any mods, even our 100mm Constrictor wheels.

3 Likes

I would say, somewhere between 5-6 mm. My model isnā€™t 100% accurate but if you compare it to the photograph it seems to be around 6 mm?

1 Like

Thanks

@anon42702729 but the photo it looks the same as the Kegel, just a new belt and print risers and a bigger pulley

Iā€™m still thinking if the added weight is worth, since my build is focused on light weight, there is a really short section on my commute that is really bad, a few meters actually, but itā€™s a parte that Iā€™m forced to ride in line with cars, and with 80mm Iā€™m force to go slow and itā€™s creates a risky situation since most drivers donā€™t know what they should do

1 Like

the 90mm hatchlings would be the perfect inbetween for a lightweight board tbh

1 Like

Iā€™ll weigh the Hatchlings against the kegel. The Constrictor is 434g each.

3 Likes

Hey guys. Just wanted to update as I recently found out about Boa wheels. I saw there was going to be a group buy and expressed immediate interest. I then found out that there was a guy in my city who actually had a set here that wasnt being tested since his BB was down. I got the ok to get them and give it a shot. I was pumped that I could direct install to my boostedboard. Process is straight forward. Changing from an 80mm to a boa 100mm is amazing as to ride quality. Itā€™s like night and day. I live in NYC and thereā€™s horrible concrete/asphalt everywhere. Part of my work commute includes going across a rumble strip bridge. On the Orangatang wheels my feet vibrated like crazy. I felt every bump. After switching to the boa constrictor 100mm itā€™s insane. I donā€™t feel vibration annoyance. I run thru a ton of junk and debris which is definitely not by choice but just crappy roads. The stoping and accelerating is minimally affected. I would not stress about regearing. I feel a lot more confident with these wheels riding over metal construction plates in the city and that Iā€™m not gonna go flying off. I still take my time. Iā€™m about 30 miles now on the wheels and truly in love. Looking forward to this dang weather to stop being so cold and enjoy them during the warm season.

7 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

hey @Zack just my 0.02 if you can i would shorten that led strip a little by cutting on marked line so its even and then put a red led strip on the back for a tail light would make this look really good. love the color scheme

4 Likes

Hatchlings are ~ 300g. The Kegels are ~ 250g.

6 Likes

Hey do you guys know where to get some cores? I donā€™t wanna wait til I wear my tires town to harvest them

Head over to /r/longboarding and ask around; Iā€™m sure they have some. They might be keeping them as trophies, thoughā€¦

Thanks, thatā€™s very good, any idea how the 90mm would compare to 100? The experience would be something like @Zack described or way less on the 90mm?

With this weight difference thereā€™s no reason to continue on the kegels

The urethane is identical formula, so it should be fairly close riding experience.

2 Likes

@MyCampGround Oo thatā€™s an awesome idea! Thanks so much for looking out. I forgot I could trim the light. @Pedrodemio hopefully I can update you on that as well!

1 Like

Anyone setting up a group buy for these? Looks like a great set of wheels.

Has anyone bought and received these yet? Or are they still just being tested?

If I placed an order today, when should I expect to receive them?

Thatā€™s a question for @captainjez

Iā€™m under the impression they are now shipping, though I have been beta testing them for a while now.

1 Like

We start shipping in the next week for the Constrictors, just waiting on Labeda to finish packaging all the wheels up and getting them to our warehouse in California. The Hatchlings arenā€™t far behind.

2 Likes

ā€¦and which colors?