$100 (set of 4) 6" pneumatics wheels. Sign up Now!

Well… with the widht of the wheel I just meant just that - how much space does it really take up with all the bearings and a nut…

Anyways… from the pictures it looks like the screw is sitting just fine on the axle… There’s not much ‘‘over thread’’ left… but it looks nice and flush…So I assume they do get it working somehow… with my guess is that perhaps their bearings are also a bit more ‘‘narrow’’ compared to regular ones lol :smiley:

Plus im not sure how thick nuts you are using guys but Im having some ‘‘slim profile’’ ones, which takes up about 3-4mm… Would need to measure them to be 100% sure…

I will need further info before I commit. But it does seem very i nteresting!

Ok so they got back to me with these pictures:

And wrote that the axle is 37mm and each bearing is 7mm while the spacer is 14mm which leaves 9mm for the nut. They also confirmed that the spacer is 14mm and not 2cm like what they told me earlier. @OskarCastrone anything else i can ask them?

Edit: Spacer and Bearings are included in the hub price (5USD) :flushed:

Edit2: they also told me that shipping cost will increase with an added number of wheels. 12wheels would cost 100USD just in shipping. That is: ((12*9USD+100USD)*1.19+15EUR)/12=22USD per wheel I HATE those shipping costs and DHL fees :angry:

Ask them about shipping by sea lol…though ive heard that on small orders they dont really do that… otherwise that airline shipping cost does seem a bit like pain

The problem with DHL Express is, that in Germany they do the taxation for you with the customs office - basically they pay the fees with their own money. There is nothing you can do against this. Afterwards you will be asked to pay them back the money they spent plus an additional 15€ fee (I think it is like 10% of what they payed with a minimum of 15€) for their trouble.

Courier services suck for this reason… I once had to go to capital (200km) just to get my packagebecause they had no branch/ hq in my city…

Someone from china should reship us the package through regular mail lol

@Maxid It looks good to me! I am still not 100% satisfied sue to the high shipping price… We should make a group order! Where are you located in Germany? I am from Copenhagen, Denmark.

South of Germany. Honestly I don’t want to set up a group buy especially since I already mentioned all the interested EU people in an earlier post and nobody besides you responded. Right now these wheels are a gamble. We can try to get like 8 of them and share the risk or I will probably not go through with this.

@Maxid Dont u consider getting these from the guy who has that site?

I think he has some spares… not sure about the final price :slight_smile: might be easier to just get 4 of them and check the quality :slight_smile:

They are for different bearings with 26mm outer diameter

Yes, i assume you dont want to look up the bearings or it is not possible to switch them over?

They also have a different bearing seat - that whole recessed bearing thing that makes these fit standard trucks is not there. I could get them and would need to machine them - at which point I could just as well buy the right ones from china.

Ok I see :slight_smile:

@psychotiller at epicskateboards’ instagram there a couple of pictures that show the wheel actually used - so I assume the nut was on there :wink: https://www.instagram.com/epicelectricskateboards/

there is even a video now: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRGbz-yA6x6/

To bring an old and good topic up -

Has anyone else tried or thought about using these wheels Epic boards use?

These fit on normal skateboard trucks without having to modify the truck hanger. https://psychotiller.com/product/6-billet-wheel-hubs

1 Like

Hi Frank,

Have there been any developments in relation to bringing these wheels to market?

1 Like

I heard you swapped your stock for a boatload of flywheel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

To keep it short: Yes

Frank

1 Like

so… whats the verdict? has anyone tried these wheels?

I ordered a kit that includes them from APS.

Will report back how it goes, im going to plug my LHB build onto this, hope the hubs dont crumble.