$100 (set of 4) 6" pneumatics wheels. Sign up Now!

There’s no nut. They just slapped it on there for a picture…the bearing seat is too wide for standard trucks. You may be able to put a 20mm threaded sleeve on the axle . It would sit between the bearings, so you would have to put a bearing on the axle first then the sleeve, then the wheel , then the outside bearing, then a bolt into the sleeve. The sleeve would also act like a bearing spacer. Just a thought.TV

There is a nut and you also see how far the bearing is recessed. Don’t compare this with the other pictures of the 10mm axles - that is a different hub with the bearing sitting on the outside edge. But again: i asked them how they manage to fit the wheel on there with a 20mm spacer - that can’t be true. Let’s wait what they say. There is a second picture from a random alibaba seller: you can slightly see the bearing’s metal rim - because it sits so deep inside the hub

I didn’t comment on that picture because you can see it’s missing the outside bearing… would you ride your urethane wheels with one bearing? What would happen right?

that is what I am trying to say: That IS the outside bearing and you do have two of them.

The only picture of those wheels mounted properly is on the channel trucks which have wider axles. Every other picture was just a photo op. Not Rideable. I think my sleeve solution would work. I’m trying to help you.

It’s not 2 bearings. The outside bearing seat is empty.

We are both speculating and I say no it is not. There are two different hubs out there and one has the bearing all the way on the outside and the other has it recessed. this is a completely different hub with 6000 2Rs bearings (outside diameter 26mm and 10mm inside):

1 Like

Apparently the tire itself was already extensively used on the “early days” all terrain boards with lead batteries: The Gecco series boards are quite popular on the German esk8 forum and have been used for a couple of years now: https://www.google.de/search?q=gecco+700&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch

Seems like they stood the test of time. I am ust not sure about that new hub…

Someone should come up with a source where to find these hubs (for cheaper):

The tires and tubes itself are rather easy to find…

https://electricscooterparts.com/tires.html

(they are also on ebay, for about 10usd a piece)

What’s best? - These hubs fit perfectly with this sort of screw placement, as this cog has:

(@Maxid thanks for sharing that Gecco board)

Though, the hardest part so far, is where to find this cog… it is 65T, htd5, so it can be ‘‘paired’’ with 12 / 15 / 20T motor pulleys of 16mm widht.

I know this because im having that sort of cog (wheel pulley)… but just 16mm size one, as the one in picture looks to be 20-25mm one…

you can get the pulley for 6.5€ in Germany: http://www.powerboard-dealer.de/shop/elektro-skateboard/700w-ersatzteile/

Don’t confuse the ebay tires with these oney. They are 6inch but these ones are 2inches wide instead of 1 1/4

Thanks for the link… that’s basically the same place I found it… but im not sure what wideness that pulley got… it looks a bit wider than the 16mm I got now…

Here is the result for ebay:

I remembered that you are not from usa, so this might be more relevant for these in usa… but non the less, if you search for 6 x 1 - 1/4 tires on google… there’s a lot of results showing up.

The question still remains where to get these hubs / tires for less than 30eur a piece… which is not that great price…

The pulley seems aluminum casted from the finish. I dont know if it lasts as long as a cnc’d one but 7€ is crazy!!

@Maxid if the wheels fit normal trucks I am down for 2 sets (8pcs)

I can’t promise you - you have seen the pictures they have sent me and from I can see it looks like it should fit. However as @psychotiller mentioned, the way they mount the bearings is very unusual and could cause damage. I am still willing to go out and just try it and with a couple of people we could distribute the risk a little as most of the money is actually the shipping cost and taxes.

@Maxid What sprocket do you plan to use anyways?

Im supporting the idea about ordering these wheels but I already got 6inch ones and I still got a lot of other things to order so I wont be a buyer for these…

Though, I could help with spreading the info about this… if there were other places to tell about it…

Perhaps, create a new topic called ‘‘group buy’’ for EU ppl?

3D printed

Hmmm, I am considering it at the moment… Is it possible for you to ask if they can send you a video of the wheels mounted on a normal skate truck?

right now I am still waiting for them to get back to me about this. i asked how it is possible that they can fit two bearings and a 2cm spacer plus nut on a 37mm axle. The only answer was this:

You see communicating with them is hard :smiley:

I also think that they might stop responding soon as with 9USD per wheel they will not make a fortune with us anyway but I keep asking them questions and am probably wasting their time.

You could ask them to measure the total widht of the wheel… once it is placed on the axle… im Actually now starting to get interested in to these wheels… at least from their wideness/space taken on axle perspective :smiley:

What would that tell us? My guess is that they use a design like this:

but that puts a lot of stress on the bearings by leverage. Also it still does not explain how they can fit 2 bearings and 20mm of spacer plus nut on just 37mm.