$100 (set of 4) 6" pneumatics wheels. Sign up Now!

At 32mm wide I’m pretty sure that means they will require 18mm spacers once you account for the 2 7mm bearings. They therefore won’t fit on a standard skate trucks unless you mill out 8mm very accurately so the 22mm diameter bearings sit deeper in the hub. You could potentially do 8mm one side or 4mm each side. I haven’t actually seen them so I am making assumptions but unless there is a reason to believe otherwise I would say this is the default assumpyi

I am in the process of trying this with these:

I have one I’m my hands for testing but I need a very accurate forstner bit or similar to recess the bearings further. I did buy a “22mm” bit but it is too large in diameter to fit in the hub and make the bearing recess deeper. The bearings themselves do fit in the recess though, so i suppose it’s actually the cheap forstner bit that is at fault. I am trying to sand it to the correct diameter but it is very hard metal. I may have to buy a more expensive bit and hope the tolerance is closer.

They also sell the hubs separately for 21.5eur:

They are in 2 pieces bolted together with 3 machine screws which should make attaching a pulley very easy,as well as changing tubes/tyres.

The price is also very reasonable

@trampa the urethane on hub trampa wheels look amaaaazing, Id love to try those!!

i really love pneumatics too, but they wear down too fast … I carve even harder on air because grip is so sick. cant make the urethane to thin i guess or it will be big wheels with zero comfort.

@whitepony

The urethane will be thick enough to guarantee a good comfort. The hubs have a ridge so the tires look slimmer than they actually are. No worries…

Frank

Any news? I just received two pictures from the alibaba seller:

Seems like they could in fact fit a standard truck with the second bearing sitting deep inside the hub. That would also help and make for a wider wheelbase. Shipping is ridiculous though.

Edit: They’ll let me know about the bearing to bearing distance tomorrow. Price for a hub is 5USD and tire plus tube is 4USD. Shipping via DHL to Germany would be 60USD however. If the bearing distance makes sense I’d be open to order more if someone wants any in Europe.

Edit2: So they do use a 20mm spacer between bearings which means they won’t fit standard trucks without modification :cry:

Edit3: I asked for pictures of the axle without the hub to better understand how long it needs to be to make the hub fit. They sent me this:

How long is a Caliber axle? @Bender @saul @JLabs @ppamment @faust @monkey32 @psychotiller

1 Like

Would any of the EU guys be interested in a group buy? 9USD per complete wheel seems super cheap but keep in mind that shipping and 20% customs will make it a little more expensive. @Marcello @OskarCastrone @Papperlapp @High-roller @Charster10 @ProtoBoards @Torquemada71 @riva_00

1 Like

Half the length it needs to be.

what do you mean by that? I thought 37mm is pretty standard for a skate truck

If someone got a stock of them… would be interesting to perhaps try them out sometime in the future…

Im more concerned about the durability / quality of the rubber tire… Though It probably should be way better than those skike or cheap AT wheels which are also for sale…

@Maxid do yo by any chance know how much ‘ply’ these tires got?

I think it is perhaps possible to look up ‘‘Epic boards’’ and see if there are any reviews about the tires themselves.

Anyways, if the tire can be had for less than 5 eur… the durability probably isnt the biggest concern… as these should probably overlast some other small wheels…

No idea - but at that price it is just an experiment I would like to try. I mean for like 50€ you could get 4 complete wheels - that is crazy.

Well… you wont believe but some analogue ‘‘wheelbarrow’’ wheels, which usually are a lot larger… goes for similar or even lower price… I think I saw some for like 5-8 eur a piece… and these things are huge/massive…

Anyways… I suppose this depends on the application very much… as there is usually the writing on these wheels - not for highspeed use, just not sure what highspeed might mean for these wheels (wheelbarrow ones)

I know new / genuine Abec flywheels and some other brands cost close to 100eur to get a set… and these are not even pneumatics… but still… we also got to see how low the price gets when you buy in volume… so it is just a matter of low-selling products that rise the price so much for these regular mountainboard wheels/hubs etc, I believe…(and longboard, too)

Non the less, I would like to see how these wheels perform as it looks like they could be readily available if someone decided to use them… and yeah, for that price, for new complete wheel set, it is quite a good price…

Sorry about my rant here… :smiley: I just remember looking at some wheels (dont remember which ones now) and comparing them to bicycle/motorcycle wheels and not getting the idea why do they get so expensive…

Point in case…At the local Chinese Market in Madrid…

Also must say I love the Blue on these - the bearing are shit but might be worth the 34 euro gamble…

3 Likes

Nice find - do they fit on standard trucks? These would save me the trouble of shipping from china

didn´t get measures on them or buy them…they are at the bottom of the bin and they have a bunch with a manufacture name and adress. Will take some more pics and get specs soon.

1 Like

I would be a bit careful if the metal walls for the hub is 2mm or so. Someone on ES forum had similar metal hub and the center of it just broke apart.

Non the less, nice find. Though im not sure is that tire inflatable or not (tube), at least i dont know whenever there is or isnt any valve on the other side.

If I still got pictures I will later show what wheel I had found… the rim/hub was made out of durable plastic but the tire’s profile was a bit too wide and big for our needs…

@ppamment alibaba’s link is quite good… ( https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Baby-stroller-tyre-175x50_60390333478.html )

Would be great if there were similar low-volume seller for all types of these tires… they got some really small ones available… too bad we dont live in china :smiley:

Perhaps someone can look these up on TaoBao? I think there was a member or two on this forum, who knew chinese or at least knew how to order from TaoBao (if not even lived in Hong Kong or china…)

And … if they do make evolve tires’s now we can speculate at what price they really get them :smiley: (For 4 tires only on Evolve Aus site - 79AUS)… but okay… that’s business and there’s probably shipping/import cost on top of that

I meant that if it has a 20mm bearing seat, and all of our wheels usually have a 10mm beating seat, giving us about 7mm for the nut. The only way this wheel would work is if the axle was longer.

But you do see that they also just use a 37mm axle - which is what standard trucks have no? Where do your 7mm for the nut come from? A skate bearing is 7mm thick - that gives you 7+7+10=24mm for a standard wheel and 13mm for the nut. These ones apparently have 7+7+20 = 34mm leaving only 3mm for the nut and which is why I asked them again how they make it work as apparently something is off here. However we do see that they manage to fit the wheel on there with a 37mm axle (admittedly it is a tight fit for the nut and not much room is left). The 37mm for a standard truck I got from here - I did not measure my calibers: https://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/longboard-skateboard-reviews-and-comparisons/197070-superglider-something-else-am-i-over-thinking.html#post1298751238

What I can see is they posted a picture of their wheels on a truck, but not bolted. Then they showed a picture of a standard truck. Have you seen a picture of that wheel or any of those wheel barrow wheels actually bolted onto a skate truck?

hm? the first picture I posted shows the wheel bolted on an axle.

It’s that the pic of them mounted to channel trucks with longer 10mm axles? Because all of the other pictures it looks like there’s no nut.

that is because the bearing is recessed and sits deeper inside the Hub. This design puts most of the weight on that one bearing though so it is not perfect. but gives you a wider wheelbase which is nice.