Vedder's VESC 6.0

will there be some sort of changelog so that we can actually see what changed for V4? No doubt VESC-Tool is better than BLDC-Tool but what does that have to do with the actual firmware on the VESC?

And when you say you do “not recommend to use BLDC any more” does that mean BLDC mode or just the tool? I am confused…

1 Like

having trouble uploading bootloader via USB and VESC -Tool, what are the exact steps as missing something and need to do that before uploading new firmware 3.25

connected serial via com port but in limited mode until get bootloader sorted out, how am I supposed to get bootloader and then upload it?

Look at the forum on vesc-project.com Ben wrote the procedure for it. :wink:

1 Like

awesome, doing this on phone in transit so looking quick lol

ok great, that works, actually thought I already tried that but mush not have highlighted the file in bootloader tab…duh! lol

Will this new Vesc Tool be good for all the Older Vesc’s as well ?

When they add the firmware for v4 it should work for both older v4.xx and new v6! They’ve said it’s about a week out to add v4.xx FW’s (realistically likely a couple weeks - busy folks!).

Or is your question will it work with older 4.6/4.7 VESC?

1 Like

The Vesc-Tool with FW 4.xx support will be out for BETAS next week. Its pretty much finished but the website needs updating, so you can access it. Its all linked together now - VESC-Tool and the Website and the VESC-Server. It’s an Environment, not a stand alone Software. After BETA the VESC-Environment will go public anyway and everyone wants to switch over to VESC-Tool and forget about BLDC-Tool. BLDC-Tool will not get any attention in future. No more updates in case of bugs, which makes BLDC-Tool 100% obsolete. Since we know that the old Firmware is by far not as perfect as the new one, we do not recommend to use it any more. It’s safer to use the latest FW coming with VESC-Tool. For those requesting a change log: It’s probably easier to pubish a short list of thing that have not changed (-;

Frank

1 Like

try ronins, none of that happens with the support pin!

I just received my VESC 6 and it looks amazing :slight_smile: ! Where can I download the PDF-manuel (haven’t received it on mail)?

1 Like

I send out a mail and will drop it on The vesc-project and Trampa site.

Frank

Oh and what I also wanted to ask: was there any progress by Ben to also support other Nunchuck brands besides the Nyko Kama? I can’t seem to find any affordable ones anymore - especially in Europe. Or is there a new preferred way of controlling the VESC6?

Not sure if its the correct place to ask but it is about the VESC so, ehh worth a shot.

A), where the hell do I put this.

I can see that the 3pin on the right has a space on the VESC, but if I put it the wrong way round would it bugger it up? and where does the thing on the left go?

B) For settings.

Which one should I choose as I have no experience as of yet. (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask as its mostly build questions )

1 Like

i never noticed torque steering or braking with single motor with paris v2 or caliber either. I don’t think it happens really

how reliable is the nunchuck now that the 6 has a built in receiver for it? that’s true right? any nyko nunchuck?

Woohoo! At work so haven’t been able to connect them yet… but hopefully this weekend i’ll get them configured and at least one temporarily mounted to test and compare!

@Hummie - it sounds like nunchuck via the “onboard NRF” is only select devices in EU. I was told that in the US and possibly other locations they weren’t able to include it! bummer…

In the US there’s a bunch of FCC certifications and testing required (quite expensive and repetitively expensive w/ any versioning). GT2b still it seems…

1 Like

Mind control is the future! Not kidding!

Frank

1 Like

:astonished: Say whaaat!

its quite strong on calibers and paris unless you use really stiff bushings. its unbearable on evolve kind of sidewinder trucks. it simply does not happen on ronins due to the support pin - one among many reasons to love them for eboarding. :slight_smile:

@notepad : you have to build your own adapter

4 Likes