Vedder's VESC 6.0

That looks fantastic. is the white connector called molex?

You think it, it happens. Magicā€¦ No cables, hand held devices, no transceivers.

Not Kidding, just had the pleasure to test a prototype.

VESC SIX is just the start of things beyond your mind.

Frank

1 Like

JST-PH, 2mm pitch, three pins.

just finished my first test drive, works great! wow what a piece of technology

I have a 12s single drive 6374 192kv + iā€™m 100kg and with the old vesc even with extra cooling it started to overheat within 5 min. Now with the new vesc not a single issue.

I tried both BLDC and FOC but i still prefer the more agressive sound(feeling) of BLDC.

To me the JST connector is unnecessary complicated. A lot of people now cannot start because they donā€™t have connector like that at home for the receiver. If you make that discussion also supply the connector to my opinion.

Downloading the upgraded vesc-tool 0.78 was a bit unclear to me. I needed this because mine also missed the bootloader. At the end I re-ordered the tool and used the new download link.

Downloading the manual also unclear. I think not possible at the moment.

But hey we are still in BETA stage :slight_smile:

For the rest. Very well done

4 Likes

Thanks Frank, Time to go order some connectors :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you got my reply on the www.vesc-project.com BETA Forum. I could not resist to drop in the geographical location of the secret headquarter.

Frank

1 Like

I saw it and have a nice little giggle to myself :smiley:

how does mind control work?

Does anyone know if the winning remote has NRF and if it will work with the vescā€™s sent out with NRF and no additional reciever ?

Top Secret! But with some more funding of the VESC-Project stuff like that is closer than you think. I hope that VESC-Tool will result in a better project support and more things will happen faster.

Frank

Just updated bootloader and 3.25 FW. Everything went flawlessly on both VESC 6 :slight_smile:

Agreed. I donā€™t have any adapters provided with these. I might have a 3pin JST at home, but if not this adds delay before i can testā€¦ For the price - they shouldā€™ve been included. Beta or not.

I know its frustrating guys i will have the same problem when my 2 arrive on monday, but i think Frank and Ted are super swamped with everything they have to do .So much has happened so fast, imagine how much they have to deal with . Anyone know if the winning remote will work with the NRF reciever on the vesc 6 ?

I feel you, I now have to wait 20 days for amazon to deliver :frowning:

No R.C hobbie shops anywhere near you surely they would have ? I was hoping i could get mine from one nearby me.

unfortunatly lincoln uk is a bit sparse

Might have same problem bro so prob just going to order one now just in case.

RS components sell them next day.

The bullet connectors from the motor does not fit :frowning: I thought it was 4.5mm bullet connectors, but measuring the inside diameter I get about 2 mm. Am I correct that the VESC 6 uses 2 mm connectors? I need to order some - rather get it right the first time :slight_smile:

Would these connectors fit? https://www.rc-shop.no/products/am-1002-b-20mm-gullkontakter-2par-2male-2female

I guess I am better of changing the ones one the motor rather then the VESC.

EDIT: I was too tired and didnā€™t notice that my tool was way off! I remeasured it to 4mm and that is according to the information on Trampas website. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the vesc should have 4mm female bullets so you need 3.5 male ones

2 Likes