Vedder's VESC 6.0

At the moment im building a single belt 12S. so I can tell you how bad it is with the beefy VESC attached to it if you want?

We are not telling its impossible. Its just less comfortable than riding a dual motor board. Once you are used to the steering action accelerating / braking introduces everything is fine (my board was single motor a couple of months). It is going from a dual motor setup to a single motor that makes you really notice the difference.

2 Likes

running 12s with 6374 single drive. runs perfect. only hard braking is difficult depending on your own weight.

Is the Vesc 6 designed to mount onto the motor mount hex pannel on the Trampa Drivetrain system ? Or can it be ?

Remember that vesc 6 is not waterproof nor dustproof yet. You want it to stay as enclosed as your batteries are. If you are brave enough you can dip it into epoxy or do a precision job with silicone, filling the gaps of the enclosure.

1 Like

Fits! 10char

Frank

??? sorry huh , dont understand. Does it fit the hex pannel and screw holes on hex pannel ?

Yes it does, four of the six bolts screw it on.

Frank

1 Like

DANGIT! Just saw i missed a package (stayed and “worked from home” as late as i could)…

Hopefully i can grab it tomorrow at the post office.

I have a couple decks i might try to power with it - and an eagletree logger to measure/test with. Just takes time which is in short supply currently. I’ll try to do something fun to show performance vs 4.12.

Well, made some progress. Replaced my existing V4 with these two jewels. 12S4AH - 150C / Sensored 150kv

http://www.e-sk8.fr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_9036.jpg

12 Likes

Do we know when we can start buying these or when they will be in stock

On backorder at the moment, contact Ted or Frank directly for more info.

1 Like

We just ordered a new batch. I will post when you can purchase them. The next two weeks we need to focus on BETA. Since the CNC Job took so long the last time, we will start the process ASAP.

Frank

1 Like

Those look so bad ass! I also saw a picture of these on Instagram. Can’t wait to hear regarding the results.

At this point. Someone should just make a go-kart and haul a truck. Haveing to wait another few more week before the release of the ESC files is annoying.

1 Like

The new VESC-TOOl is now compiled and ready for download. Version 0.78 BETAS please download the latest VESC-Tool!

You can now upload the missing Bootloader via USB and VESC-Tool. After installing the Bootloader, you can upload the Firmware 3.25.

Benjamin nailed that last night. Big congrats for making this happen - magic!

Frank

9 Likes

Being able to update the bootloader through USB is amazing ! Benjamin’s talent won’t stop to impress me.

Thank you both for sorting this bug out so quickly !

1 Like

This is very nice, because now VESC-Tool can ad a missing bootloader to HW 4.xx VESCs via USB as well. The bootloaders for all HW 4 VESCs is now included. Tank Benjamin for that! So if you have a China VESC without bootloader, you are sorted now. Straight update to FW 3.25, once the VESC 4 FW support is added in. Not good for the people selling St-Link/V2 (-;

Frank

8 Likes

I want it so bad.

Did I miss it or is there some explanation of what the benefits for the V4 VESCs will be? I mean functionality wise it always seemed perfectly fine and only hardware deficiencies caused errors in say FOC for example (at least that was my impression). Does the new firmware improve the V4?

It does improve stuff a lot. As soon as VESC-Tool is public you want to sack off BLDC-Tool ASAP! We do not recommend to use BLDC any more for safety reasons.

Frank

1 Like