The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Lets design a one wheel truck. Center hummies big wheel on it and you’ll have awesome handling, symmetry and just one wheel.

I can design it on AutoCAD.

4 Likes

I’m wondering what he’s offering these businesses to stay in the country. Sounds like corruption. And then he said he’s going to remove the sanctions on Russia for a nuclear arms reduction deal…but there’s already a nuclear arms reduction deal in place from Obama called START.

Sounds fun but it handles perfectly as is. Only issue I’ve had is doing sharp turns to the left without weighing down the front or on wet stuff. Typical single drive stuff

In the case of my employers contract with Carrier, he offered them tax reductions. I don’t know about any others. I do know this was the wort choices I’ve ever seen in a presidential election. Its as if someone asked you “Do you want me to burn the baby or throw it off a cliff”…either way the baby is gonna have a bad day.

1 Like

I Want them in 4WD. I Want them Hard.

Well,it is not because i need it, it is purely because “Why not”. The board they will go on does not need a 12s6p Battery either, but it has one.

Hey Hummie or Devin.

Am currently building a 12s4p 80A BMS pack. I was told by the carvon guys that 80A would be suitable for dual carvon setup. Is this about the same for the Hummie motors? Because I’d like to make my battery futureproof if I someday decide to switch to hubs.

Dries

ooh, that’s more then I expected. But I guess that long wheel thingy is giving alot bigger punch when pushing the throttle. But I seem to be safe: 3380W is below my 12s80A=4kW limit (even at 3.5V/cell (which I tend to set as my soft cutoff on the VESC), I get a 3360W, so I still get full power at the lower limit). Thanks for the explanation :p. I think alot of times people overlook the max current their batteries can output.

http://tppsf.com/failure-analysis/

what do you think caused it? I’ll hold my thoughts till I hear yours. luckily it happened with just a slight thud while I was on the smoothest surface, a rollerskating ring and I wasn’t going fast. it was straight and unbent.

id cut the hanger back maybe 1/3 an inch with a dremel further revealing the axle. To finally get it off I wrenched on the 1/3" bit cracking it off the rest of the hanger aluminum but I don’t think that force was that much.

8 Likes

other than the truck was scared of the asymetric setup I would say it’s a material problem of the axle. can not imagine the forces got too strong.

edit: of course it’s caused by a mix of levrage and probably torque, but if I see the abuse of skate trucks in skate parks…

1 Like

When you doubled the width of the motor leverage on the axle you reduced the ability of the stud to handle the added load by half.

F=MA… BASIC PHYSICS

you need a stronger axle like stainless steel or a diameter increase on the axle.

On my vette like 6 yrs ago i kept pumping out more power out of the engine. One day i a spirited 1st to 2nd shift on a 4l60e automatic transmission i sheared the tranny output shaft just like that. Almost 2" of sloid hardened steel gave out when the output power exceeded 420lb ft of torque. I’ll look for the pics and post them. I remember showing my physics professor and asking if the shaft was defective, he looked at me like my brain was defective.

1 Like

WOW… sorry but there nothing spectacular with ONLY 1660W (most of esk8 setup are around 3000W, you will know if you build one), also the baking point wasn’t a moving part… So the problem is mostly cause by the length of the assembly… LEVERAGE B****H