The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

I have. what questions do you have @lox897

I have them running. I didnā€™t install them (hummie had done them) but hey run great. Was running 12s until I under charged a battery last night into the graveyard. Heat is something you should pay attention to (most likely due to the blue goo), but the torque is amazing, speeds are amazing. Even a single motor is super power (though I wouldnā€™t recommend it, they will heat up quickly.). Best motors Iā€™ve ridden so far in my opinion.

Sorry bout the blue goo guys and I hope to get some better motors to you soon. Give me a bit of time. More important is the rubber and Iā€™ll send u all a set for 10$ plus shipping of the better stuff and Iā€™ll order that now and can have that out in a couple days. I was told the fast cure stuff I was pouring was as good by the manufacturer, itā€™s defiantly not. My original slow cure 89 and the 83 are still a nice tight fit but everything Iā€™ve been pouring has been getting loose. You all have the fast cure stuff. U can ride it but it will loosen up. Iā€™m still riding the fast cure just to see how it goes, for the moment, but I can get that to u soon and youā€™ll see itā€™s good.

I got mine in the mail yesterday, they look good. Are my wheels the fast-cure or slow-cure variety?

Thanks for helping @barajabali I was wondering what epoxy you used and there is also this thing just with my motor. Hummie left my motor loose so it could fall apart when riding. He did this so that I can test out some bearing related stuff for him. Hopefully it isnā€™t to hard to do. @Hummie how do I put the ring in?

Fast. All fast. Didnā€™t test it and took the manufacturers word and poured everyoneā€™s. Itā€™ll be good for a hundred miles or two max. The slow cure will be a better air-less result too.

Yea there no point in testing now since the steel is going to happen. A relief. In the future Iā€™ll mount the motors because I know itā€™s a pain for each person to go through it and it adds to the cost while if I do them all its cheap.

I like omega thermal epoxy number 100 in the little envelope they sell. 10$ and ud need two. But any high heat, two part, preferably slow cure epoxy will work. Try to find high heat stuff and thatā€™s a bit harder and youā€™ll likely have to get it online. Heat it in the oven at 150f to make it thinner, mix it, pour into the motor hole half way, screw in the axle. Clean the axle with acetone first. Donā€™t get it on the bearing! Use tape to make sure

U really only need a bit of Loctite on your ring and youā€™ll be fine. It will rattle a bit probably but only steel on steel. Sound like a regular skate wheel Or open the motor and add ā€œretaining fluidā€ to the two exposed sides of the bearings that sit in the bearing housing/rotor. The bearings already have it on the inside against the shaft and will be stuck there.

@Hummie How do I open the motor though so I can put the ring on? @cmatson Caliber trucks will work with no modifications right?

Thanks for the help everyone. 20 characters

Caliber need extra threading. Arsenal cast donā€™t and are the perfect widths at 165 and 180 The little purple shim, u can put it in or not. I donā€™t know whatā€™s best and now that itā€™s going to be done in steel donā€™t need to know. Actually thatā€™s not true and ā€¦it would be great if u rode with it in, see how it does, try the motor with it out, and see how it does. The goal is to get both bearings equally sharing the lateral load. How to know if thatā€™s happeningā€¦thatā€™s where you show your awesomeness. It depends on how well the manufacturer made the parts and the tolerances the parts are

But how do I put the ring in? Iā€™ll buy some Arsenal trucks soon.

Forget it. I just realized ud have to press/pull off the little bearing and put it on the shaft first

Okay thanks. So I just epoxy onto arsenal trucks? Anything else I could help you with/ do before riding? And would my motor still be loose?

Thanks so much for the help @Hummie . Canā€™t wait to ride these beasts.

Thank all you guys for allowing me to get this going!

Epoxy them onto the trucks and add loctite to the big ring that holds the motor together. Those are necessary. U can add retaining fluid on the other side of both bearings if u want but not necessary

What ring? I got two rings in a packet. Where do they go? EDIT: Is it the bit with the flat head screwdriver looking hole thing in the middle?

Lol. It is 4am in the morning here. Sneaky.

Both of ur motors have the big black threaded ring on the back of the motor loose. The little purple shims save somewhere. Loctite both of the big threaded black rings that hold the motor together. It should be pretty easy to tighten the ring but maybe have something that u can use to get into the ringā€™s holes and help tighten it. When itā€™s tight, and the bearings are in the right place, youā€™ll have no lateral movement in the motor.

Vroooooooom and with some more vrrroooom