The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Is it the space cell? I hear that has an amp limit built in that’s low. I forget the number. I’ve hit 50 amp draw with the two motors on 12s

Space Cell is fused at 30 Amps.

You can get around it though by wiring around the bms, as I did. I now allow through the VESC Limits 50 amps, which almost doubles each motors amp limit.

Not the space cell…they are older bubblegum boards units I picked up for cheap…limited to 25 amp cut out bms

fuse is now 40Amps…

I’m skeptical that the rattle is caused by bearing compression. Bearings are engineered to handle high compression forces. That tiny bit of thermal expansion from aluminum probably won’t deform the steel inner ring of the bearing, and certainly won’t damage the steel balls inside.

Bearings aren’t engineered to resist high temperatures or lateral forces. I’m thinking that the heat is breaking down the lubricant. Maybe put some speed cream or high - temp oil/grease in the bearings. That or they are misaligned from the lack of a shims, and lateral stresses are damaging the raceways.

Just a guess. Let us know how they look when you open them up.

Opening didn’t happen. I tried and the red loctite didn’t give using my huge 2-pin spanner and a table clamp. Strangely I was riding with evoheyax yesterday and his ring unscrewed itself. I’ll have to make a mold of the rotor outer grooves out of a soft metal that can be used in combo with the table clamp so I can really wrench on it Ur motors are in the mail days ago htownbomber

The rattle issue isn’t the bearings themselves but the surfaces they sit against. A bearing is intended to be pressed into two steel surfaces: the shaft and housing, but I’m using high heat retaining fluid which is really an epoxy glue intended to make an effective press fitting while using tight slide fittings. The lateral forces and heat on the bearings is well within their specd ability. If the bearing to steel bell/rotor interface becomes a looser fit it will rattle and that’s been the issue. I haven’t had any bearings lose the tight interference fitting in the aluminum shaft side and that is the real concern. A slide fitting on an aluminum shaft bearing heavy loads isn’t good.
Anyone who got a set from me is eligible for an all steel set and pressed bearings and back to the .4mm airgap and N45sh 300 degree temp magnets when they come in soon at the same 100$ each price That’s the shit and I make pretty much no money considering the cost to me for the motors and my making of the wheels. You will not damage those steel going up a mountain or riding down the gravel path on the backside. The aluminum are still going strong anyway and the worst I’ve experienced is a slight rattle similar to a typical 5/16 inch skate bearing on its 8mm axle

http://www.nsk.com/products/spacea/high-temperature/

I’m disappointed in the rubber you all got really. It’s a quick cure stuff and doesn’t hold up well with the heat I’m finding, not as well as the slow cure stuff that my first 4 wheels are made of. I was told it would have similar properties but it’s showing not the case.

This is experimental. Screw ups happen but nothing too bad. The blu goo, the rubber, …the aluminum…getting it right. But please remember if u bought these I’m not “in business” if that means making a profit. With all the expenses and not even talking about my time spent I’m losing money.

I won’t leave u hanging though, if u bought anything I’ll do what I can to get you what I can without getting myself evicted

1 Like

More Hummie motors for sale!! Are these legit or are they more Chinese stolen IP!?

I would be less bothered by all these places selling them if they would just give credit to hummie for designing them… No one mentions where they came from and just that they were made for skateboards.

1 Like

Its hummie motor being ordered by @elkick so they are actually from Hummie but being marketed in Europe especially in German.

The factory whose making his motors are selling them to 3rd parties without his consent. They stole his IP and are selling without his constant.

It’s fucked up but this is what happens in China.

Having tested these things more, that are not perfected yet. I think the next version with the steel might be perfect.

However, if you keep an eye on heat, these things do work really well. I just did my first commute to my university and beside overheating a few times, they were great. So much power. I went up the steepest hill I have on anything and with so much power

I don’t mind Brotherhobby selling the motors really. They said they would sell them to me for 66 and 80 anyone else. Now I can say their name and not worry about it. Who knows what will really happen and the lawyer I talked to said having a patent has to be done in every country they would be sold to. That’s a surprise. I thought there’d be reciprocity or something. He said he will look into the local Chinese law for me and that’s how you do it. As long as I get the motors I want. This started as a community project and I dont want to get commercial. I don’t respect intellectual property laws so I’m just the person to have their design copied. I will sell these so cheap they won’t be able to sell any!

Elkick helped me get this going by doing half of what we needed to order to make the bulk price. Esk8.de.

And also they will do 20 for me in steel now as part of our deal. Hope to order tonight!

Am looking into higher heat rubber and finding it and got the 3D printed fan part is ready for me to go over and see the fit. There’s a deep hole there and I’ll see

But my board is really bad right now. I put on a new can bus connector, putting the vescs together, but the sudden exceleration and stopping is happening again.
Solder? Potting? I can’t live long with this happening

Whew!! Glad this wasn’t as bad as I was thinking it to be. Very cool that you have something worked out that benefits you. I assume that if they were not good motors, they would not be so desired to resell. :sunglasses:

@Hummie - Low batteries on your remote? Bad RC packs? Have you tried those?

It was the receiver wires going into the vesc. Surprising because it would be a problem with the receiver even off…and unless I’m crazy even with the battery disconnected. Evoheyax was over and giggled the wires and found it. I’m really freaked by how dangerous a bad receiver connection can be. Locking brakes or full throttle randomly.

I check my transmitter voltage often. What voltage do u think is too low? I do like the transmitter a lot. The signal gets picked up right away unlike the quanum Id always used

I hope that they keep to their word. It’s silly because really all they’d have to do instead is send any customers to me and jack the price up.

1 Like

I´m in for a set in steel when you get that set up…:grin: Probably grab some slow cure wheels as well…these purple puppies are soft. I don´t see them lasting long once I´m up and running.

Has anyone got their motors going yet? I need to call @Hummie soon to discuss things. How did you guys go at installing?

I’m still waiting for my Mouser order to get some VESCs assembled!

Motors been sitting on my bench for weeks! :sob: