The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Would have been great to build this drive around some gullwing sidewinder trucks with dual king pins. That’s what I put for the front truck and it can carve something fierce now. The universe can kiss my ass for having it rain 5 days straight after this arrived in the mail. Super lame.

1 Like

hey guys, so i got my two landwheels today , and having an issue with mine beeping and stopping working whenever i put weight on the deck (i haven’t tested the 2nd one yet). I can run it fine by it self but as soon as i turn the board over and stand on it starts beeping and then nothing … has anyone else experienced this?

I have a spare battery for this one and i tried that one too (both charged fully) … i’ll have to give the other one a try and see if i just got a faulty one.

LOL, where are you located? SoCal? We had a major drought and no real rain for a few years which was perfect for this hobby. My DIY is fun but I wanted softer rides so I got a boosted 2.0, first the battery recall, and then they sent the replacement right when it started raining. Haven’t been able to ride anything

1 Like

I am wining about the delivery … just checked . Praise the Lord ups has it should be here tomorrow I’m stoked now !

It seems mine will be the longest haha. Mine is only just going processing through customs as of today

Wonder if landwheel would sell us the drive circuit board innards from v3 so we can resurrect the older models. Even with the hub issues, it would be better than nothing

1 Like

So both of my units seem to have an issue w/ the hall sensor connections. worked with Eileen and her engineer last night , reseated the hall sensor cables and checked though everything else but no luck. Luckily they have a US technician in California. I’ll be shipping these over to him and he’ll be sending me a replacement.

Strange that both of mine would have had this issue , but excellent customer service so far from the Landwheel team in helping diagnose and get these warranty replaced

btw i have tons of pics of the internals if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

The customer service does not hide the fact that there are a lot of problems … but it is a nice gesture . A lot of different company’s would not do this

I’ll unbox mine tonight on camera quick look around maybe a test . I just got the ups mail saying it is at my house keep you guys posted

Detroit, are they going to fix / replace one of the first versions as well as send you v3? The only problem I have with v2 is one of the hubs is intermittent. I would think that would be an easy fix if I knew what the problem was.

@detroitwheelin … mann got the same problem . These guys must be joking

@detroitwheelin Please do post pictures if you can. Would love to see what things look like without opening mine up. How do you tell if it’s the hall sensor connection issue (what’s the problem with yours?) Still raining most of this week here, can’t ride

Eileen (and Landwheel) is excellent with their communications and willingness to perfect this product…even if they are not skaters. I am amazed a Chinese company did not produce a flawed product and ran with the money the first time around. Who knows, maybe they will be a good esk8 company some day if they have the funds to invest into R&D.

1 Like

So am I right in saying that the people who have tested are already having issues with V3?

The impression I get is that almost every board and every version don’t work or have major issues, but the box is fantastic with great pics and a very enjoyable little book included and Eileen…she is the greatest customer service lady you could ever be involved with.:yum:

2 Likes

@Hummie spot on . Sadly

haha yes true unfortunately. I’ve worked with China for a good few years and even worked in China, definitely the best when it comes to branding and customer service which makes their product issues even more frustrating. imagine if we all l put some money together and invested haha.

for you’re viewing pleasure

3 Likes

It is sad. Such a great beautiful box.

If they don’t skate. They should just send one over to a few if us who rides it rougher or are heavier than they are.

It’s great that they are honest and offer a year warranty. But it’s horrible to see them (and us) wasting money and time shipping three and potentially 4, 5, 6 units

o my gosh panicboards your writing is foreign! Magicly entrancing yet I dont know where the words lead me.

1 Like

you’re right sorry for my English I speak Italian and French then he puts the iPhone keyboard becomes magic

1 Like

I’ll try to explain better. I ran the second test of the third version, in short, I find the engines powerful enough and durable battery for what they promise. the remote is very sensitive, there are sure to be defects but for me these landwheel are on the right track. I walked into town almost 15 km at high enough speeds. I practice downhill turn in the Plains at speeds of 35/40km/h is really easy!