The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

I just collect it and the new packaging looks great.

Mounted and ready to ride. The only thing that stops me right now is the rain. I’ll keep you updated with a field report.

I noticed, like @Mikenopolis, the polyurethane drive wheels are uneven. I hope to even once riding or I’ll try to swap with the ones from previous models.

2 Likes

the previous model’s wheels shouldn’t fit. The new ones are designed differently when a metal sleeve.

I didn’t notice the uneven wheels with my short ride. Did anyone notice the “wrong” forward and backwards button on their remote? LW actually reads these posts and told me “Our engineer told me you installed in opposite way”.

I know that the motors should be in the rear, and that the battery part should face forward. I have no idea what LW expects me to do…make this a front wheel drive?

I wondering if you can just swap 2 of the 3 wires that go to the motors. Like we do on our DIY builds

wow Sean, NEVER even though of that. I was going to look into re-soldering the physical switch on the remote

It’s just that one switch right? At least on mine it is. To go forward I have to click the switch towards the bottom of the controller. Aside that, works as advertised. Wish the controller could be held like the benchwheel one that is shaped like the grip of a hand gun

I rode on over 2 hours on last weekends. Very powerful and fast. great. but brake must be careful.

Slightly noisy on start spinning, When the speed comes out, I don’t hear any more.

There is no problem if you get used to the forward / reverse switch on the remote is still wrong. Apart from that, It’s hard to use that the forward / reverse switch, and mode change switch is much smaller.

The polyurethane wheel is not perfectly round.

me too!

the front truck is mounted on the contrary

guys my has just arrived Today I will first test but I have posted the second battery and the spare wheels to you too? I originally payed for two batteries I don’t like this

understandable that you paid for two batteries. But so far they have been pretty good in terms replacing their faulty products (twice now for some people). They are trying to get every customer something to ride on ASAP, as long as they promise to send us the “accessories” we should just have fun with what we got I guess.

Sorry long ready but I had to share this. Am I the crazy one here? did they really say to swap the front and back units to fix the remote’s forward and backways switch issue?

i forget…how many batteries and how many amps can they put out?

no, io mi was referring to @ciocan who mounted the front truck the wrong way… honestly, I didn’t notice the remote button
I think it is a big thing now

#4 would be the only way that the board will go forward with the switch in the front position. I think that’s what they want me to do.

NOTE: I don’t want an exchange or fix on mine. I merely wanted to help them, yet their responses are basically “we did nothing wrong, you put it on wrong”. Am I the only one laughing at this?

1 = Rear wheel drive (the preferred setup) 2 = Front wheel drive (loses traction due to lighter pressure over from end) 3 = Possible what they asked me to do? 4 = The ONLY way to have the remote switch in the correct direction, the drive in the rear and going forward.

1 Like

thanks. I barely noticed it. Does it matter for the riding performance? From my point of view, it looks symmetrical.

hi guys . stil no sign of mine , do any of you have some videos? the toggle switch is just plain dumb … but shouldt hurt the performance ?

cheers

definitely not a huge issue. it was merely me letting them to know to fix it in future productions. But their response was just funny to me.

Where is your drive at now. maybe Customs wanted to look at the battery?

1 Like

why not just ride it as a front wheel drive? Shouldn’t make any difference. Also did you try to switch two motor phase wires? Is that even possible on the landwheel?

It does matter. It’s not about symmetry or the way it looks. It affect stability and turning. These are reverse kingpins! FLIP THAT THING AROUND!

Look up “reverse kingpin” if you want to read up

2 Likes

mine is still in a boat or plain i quess ups has done nothing with the code so far

2017-01-23 17:55 NL, Order Processed: Ready for UPS ( latest update )

this label was created up front do the NL part is BS

Considering the fact that a lot of my weight is in the back and turning is also from the back the drive train should be in the back as well. I will open up the remote and see what I can do. as for the phase wires swapping. I rather not do it on this since there’s very little space to work with. I wish it was as simple as just pulling out two bullet connectors and switching it. Building your own board definitely makes it easier.