The iBoard | Loaded Vanguard | SK3 6382 168kv | 10S Lipo | VESC ESC | 83 mm Enertion Powerwheels

It was not a bluetooth dropout. I never had those, even in crowded areas. My connection was very solid, it was just the Arduino or the program running on the Arduino that crashed. The code was a little too complicated with too many features for the processor to keep up. I did too many requests from the BT board as well. I guess I could just re-code it, but I would not know if it could happen again. Therefore I ordered a 2.4GHz remote. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Baddabing!!! Enclosure mounted. Looks nice and compact. :smiley:

Next up: Figuring out where to place button as well as charging connectors

No holes on the front!

8 Likes

really great enclosure, its crazy close to the motor though, are you sure its not touching when you fully lean into the truck? :open_mouth:

I measured that on beforehand. The pictures make it look closer than it really is. There’s plenty of space even when fully turning :slight_smile:

cool :relaxed:

This project has been completed!! (For now at least)

Switch mounted, everything fitted in to the enclosure. There’s not even space for a straw of hair left in that box. Overall I’m very happy with how it turned out! Also, this new remote is great, and hopefully it won’t send my flying :stuck_out_tongue: The reason I’m writing “for now” is that eventually I’ll probably do a smart charging solution. But right now I just charge the batteries individually. Thanks for following along :smiley: More pics:

20 Likes

It is sooooo beautiful!!! It is my favorite!! How did you make that enclouser box? Has that controller cruise control?

Thanks :smiley: The enclosure was made by @Dunkirk, and he used 3mm ABS sheets, and vacuum around a base to form them. The controller does not have cruise control, but I do not see the need for this as the throttle slider is very soft and comfortable to hold. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @fraannk awesome build. It freak out me when i read the post that u had an accident then a operation then titanium reenforce in ur colar. Wow

Quick question? How can u place the battery box under without any holes ?

1 Like

There’s holes, but they’re not all the way through. I used wood inserts like this:

I like your attitude talking about “the situation” with emojis and calmness! Get completely well soon. Interestingly, though, I’m now planning the board I’ll be doing in a couple of months and I REALLY want to make my own remote and board-controller with all the original features based on arduinos. And that kind of risk was the first thing to pop in my head, now that it’s proven real, I have to be really confident in my design and software if I still want to be custom about it.

Thanks @fraannk for the pic. but I still wonder how it hold on to the board without going through a hole. Can u take a pic of the screw/insert ? please :smiley:

It’s going through the hole, but the hole itself isn’t going through the whole thickness of the board.

1 Like

I imagine they’re something similar to these

@kyo, @rpn314 is right. That’s the “screws” i used. :slight_smile:

Great build, reminds me of my own (still in work). 2x5S 5000 / 190 6355 / VESC / 14-36

I guess the scratches on your batterys are from the first testride with the batterys on top of the griptape? :slight_smile: Mine look exactly the same.

Correct, and the stickers seems to wear off in a really weird way when using them… :slight_smile:

I’m also looking for such inserts, do you have any brand name or something? Can i find them in my local hardware store ?

Thanks man

Great build. This is really tight. Like it a lot. Elegant. Simple.