The iBoard | Loaded Vanguard | SK3 6382 168kv | 10S Lipo | VESC ESC | 83 mm Enertion Powerwheels

@kyo, @rpn314 is right. That’s the “screws” i used. :slight_smile:

Great build, reminds me of my own (still in work). 2x5S 5000 / 190 6355 / VESC / 14-36

I guess the scratches on your batterys are from the first testride with the batterys on top of the griptape? :slight_smile: Mine look exactly the same.

Correct, and the stickers seems to wear off in a really weird way when using them… :slight_smile:

I’m also looking for such inserts, do you have any brand name or something? Can i find them in my local hardware store ?

Thanks man

Great build. This is really tight. Like it a lot. Elegant. Simple.

Board Update!! (Almost 6 months anniversary ;))

I LOVE IT! MAN do I use this board a lot, and MAN is it fast. I’ve done some modifications along the way, which I thought I would post here. :slight_smile:

First of all, I’ve ridden it so much that my Enertion Powerwheels wore down. (especially the wheel with the pulley) That’s where the first modification comes in. I painted my trucks black and mounted Orangatang Kegels instead. Got my new 34T wheel pulley from @elkick and it works (and looks) fantastic. I opted for the 34T pulley to compensate for the smaller wheels, which makes this board now top out at 42km/h (previously 41km/h)

Second, I’ve mounted head- and taillights! Since it is getting dark pretty quickly, I want others to see me when riding in the evening/nights. They are pretty bright.

For those interested, these are the LED modules I used. Four in the front, four in the back. I soldered them together on a small PCB and wrapped them in shrink-tubing:

Last but not least. I 3D printed the wall-hangers by @FLATLINEcustoms and added a hanger for the controller on one of them. Now everyone who enters my apartment will see the “Boosted Board killer”.

Next up is a BMS for easy charging. Starting to get pretty tired of taking it apart every time… Thanks for reading! :smiley:

7 Likes

Great update! You’ll love those Kegels, they eat any rock you throw at it.

How did you paint the trucks?

Good ol’ spraypaint. Sanded them down beforehand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job man. How is this 6382 climbing steep, long hills?

Like a baws!! I weigh 70kgs and it just fires up the steepest hills I can find in Denmark. (There’s no extreme hills here though…)

1 Like

Awesome!! This is my favorite e-skate of this forum :smiley:

EDIT: I love this e-skate and i love that wall hangers!! so, I have to copy them :heart_eyes: I have printed my own hanger.

3 Likes

I was just reading through and had some questions about the wood inserts. What size did you use? How much space is between the inserts and the top of the of the board? Have they loosened at all due to the board flexing? And finally, do you have any idea of where to buy these or something similar in Nyc? Thanks!

hey! really nice build! im new here and i´m going to to the exact same build but with a 6374 192kv instead and flywheels clone 83mm but same board i love it! and how is your board doing it? did you put the bms?

thanks!

I weigh 145 pounds, I like to ride between 20-25mph and I’m not sure if I should get a flex 3 or flex 4 loaded vanguard for my next deck…

@zepton I’d get a Flex 3. I think it fits most people. I weigh 70kg (155 pounds) and I use a Flex 3 and it’s great.

@WawiKirsinger Sorry for the late reply! I rebuilt my board: The Frankenboard and found a way to charge without a BMS!

I hate to revive this topic, but are you planning to release the app?

No, not really, I broke my freaking collar bone because of it :sweat_smile: Check out metr.at by @rpasichnyk :slight_smile:

1 Like