The iBoard | Loaded Vanguard | SK3 6382 168kv | 10S Lipo | VESC ESC | 83 mm Enertion Powerwheels

Hey, great work I have to say. Does your app show remaining VESC capacity? A Tutorial for the remote part would be very very nice.

On that route, I had a couple of full stops where I took a little break (without pausing runkeeper.) Otherwise it was almost at max speed or hills. Lots of stop and gos as well, since the roads aren’t very long here. 14km is more than enough for me, as I only need 12km on flat roads at most. :slight_smile:

@nordle No, the app shows no remaining capacity. I plan on making a distance tracker so that I’m able to approximately see how much juice I have left.

That’s from the us warehouse as well. Everything is cheap in the us… I bought them from the Europe warehouse

Ah, there’s my mistake. Thought I might be missing something… :joy:

Plz show us if you do end up figuring out how to charge them in the enclosure, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do that as well

This app looks amazing! Will you be putting it up on the app store? I would totally pay for the app if you put a guide on how to set up an Arduino for it.

I would only pay if I could get everything plug&play ready;) But yeah pls make a guide how to set this up, and please read out VESC capacitiy or voltage on the app :smiley:

I’ll see if I get the time to do a how-to guide :slight_smile: I won’t be able to get information from the VESC, since I do no communication with it, other than PPM. Almost everything is done phone-side

EDIT: Another update. The app now tracks the distance, as well as showing the distance since last charge (manually reset) New record in distance! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyway you could make a video showing the app in use? You could easily be the first person to mainstream Bluetooth and smartphone control for the DIY builders. Not having to carry around a remote is just great.

@Pantologist Check out my thread showing another receiver using a iPhone as a controller

EleSk8 Receiver | The receiver that makes your iPhone into a` controller:

1 Like

I’ll do a video soon :slight_smile:

What a beauty! When get my raptor I’ll ride it a few weeks until winter. Then I’ll move everything to a board like yours. Great work man.

@Khayman That wouldn’t be very smart… The space cell isn’t good at bending :smile: Why have you bought a raptor when you really want a boosted board?

1 Like

@Tarzan Because of…THE POWA! I’m guessing.

1 Like

Thats true… I didn’t think of that :blush: And yes, the powaaa! I haven’t done anything like this so I wanted a pre built board that I can learn from. First though I’ll ride it as is :grin:

I have done the same and have to warn you! Electric Skateboards are addictive :smile:

2 Likes

So it seems😷

Nice post. Have you had any issues with Bluetooth cut out? I am wondering why Boosted has had such great success but we have issues.

Update!

Holy smokes I love this board. I’ve ridden it a lot, and I just can’t stop. It is true what people say about it being addicting…

Unfortunately though, the Arduino controlling the VESC, crashed while I was riding at top speed. (41 km/h) This means that it kept sending a signal to the VESC about giving max throttle. I had no way of braking the board as it just kept going. “I thought to my self, WTF” and had to find some way to not crash on asphalt as it would have been really bad… I found a grass area, steered the board towards that, and tried to stay as long as possible on the board since it would slow down on grass. I wasn’t able to stand on the board for very long, and fell off, and landed on my shoulder pretty hard. This led to a broken collar bone, and minor scratches here and there. Luckily I had a helmet on. I had to get surgery to fit the bone where it should be, and I’m now equipped with titanium reinforcement on the collar bone :sunglasses: 2 weeks of only being able to use one arm because of a collar’n’cuff, and 6 weeks before I’m able to lift 1 liter of milk again :laughing: And as ironic as it is, I was on the way to the workshop to make a kill-switch in case this would happen…

On another note: I’m soon able to ride the board again, and to prevent this from happening, I’ve ordered a 2.4GHz remote, and abandoning my app. To read speeds, I will however be creating an Apple Watch app speedometer!

I also got enclosures to the board from the fantastic @Dunkirk, and I’m currently in the process of mounting them to the board. (Might take a little long because of one hand.)

I’ll keep you updated :wink:

9 Likes

omg, you describe the worst nightmare, biggest fear I got before any maidens ride!! :fearful:

get better soon :mask: