Sparkle v1.0 GT2B enclosure mod by OKP

Yeah, it’s pretty cool stuff. It’s Fillamentum PLA Vertigo Grey and I’m lucky enough to have a dealer around the corner that does sell online as well. http://www.plasticz.nl/en/fillamentum-pla-vertigo-grey-175-285-mm-750-grams.html

I’m able to print it at default settings from Slic3r Prusa edition.

Hallo

I have just build this pretty cool remote. I have one quistion touch.

Anybody knows if the potentiometer for the throttle and for the stearing/Wheels are the same ? When i epoxy glued the potentiometer to the 3d printet enclosure, i must have used to much glue, because the throttle is not moving very nice anymore :expressionless:

You can use the steering pot, but they are not identical. You’ll get funny values like 500-800µs with 580 center. It’s not unusable, but you need Ackmaniac’s custom firmware that can handle independent endpoints and midpoints. This isn’t supported in the legacy BLCD tool.

You can also just pick up any old set of pots- as long as they spin freely enough. (I used the greasy ones, and the resistance isn’t too much of a problem.)

Thanks. I noticed that with the sparkle enclosure i have not the full physical throttle Range, as the trigger / potmeter allows. Any problems in that when setting end and midpoints Up in standard bldc tool ?

You might find that when your endpoints are correct, the digital midpoint does not match the physical midpoint of the SPARKLE. In this case, you need This firmware.

If your lucky, you won’t need to do anything. (but It’s not likely)

Just finished assembling my Sparkle. Really a great mod/enclosure!

I somehow screwed up the wiring from the potentiometer though, so now pulling is brake and vice versa.

To switch back to how it was meant to be…should I switch the outer connections from the pot. or how can I fix this? Thanks.

1 Like

@Sebike Did you resolder the wires or did you keep them as they came? if you resoldered, swapping the two outside wires should do

Soldered on an extension to the wires. I’ll try swapping the outer ones then. :thumbsup:

Uh… Doesn’t the GT2B have a steering reverse switch?

Now working :slight_smile:

Nice :wink:

hey @okp, could you give me this enclosure in a CAD-friendly file format? I’d like to try some modifications using inventor!

Reminder for all the builders riders out there :

I updated to a v2.0 for better attachment of the screws with plastic inserts.

4d0dcad196f0bedb96b15e085983ad3e_preview_featured 625efbc80aec3e7a2e659f3e4ea2ab42_preview_featured bde5463fe87f0c007c17fe581be716a2_preview_featured

5 Likes

best mod for me in 2018 :joy: thx @okp your milled version never made it to reach the necessary amount of interest I guess?

one question I have, I just now have found this thread and where reading through. I have seen that in previous versions there was a hole for the pairing button. Is there a reason why you removed that?

If you have it on hand, could you also link the inserts you use for the V2? i ordered some, but the walls are too thick and because of that they don´t fit into the printed holes.

ah and…

Merry Christmas!!!

1 Like

Thanks!

The pairing hole is still here but way smaller. To me, pairing has to be done once, probably twice if you want to pair with another receiver. Just unscrewing 3 bolts makes more sense to me than having a pairing hole. When I designed this remote, I wanted everything to be minimalist fitting to my riding style.

Link for the inserts

http://eshop-simaf.com

INSERT POSE A CHAUD LAITON M2 X 4 SERPLAST - QUANTITÉ/SACHET : 50

http://eshop-simaf.com/fr/insert-pose-a-chaud/227-insert-a-frapper-laiton-m3-x-65-serplast-quantite-sachet-20.html

1 Like

IMG_7959 IMG_7967

1 Like

welcome to the family !

IMG_20190106_180513

IMG_20190106_181055

5 Likes

Any chance you could offer these in your store?

1 Like

I could do that on demand. I printed one for this rider and he did the mod.

anyone could help me in sourcing the cable with the connector that goes from the PCB to the trigger? this would save some time

1 Like